Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Raydiant is on a mission to create amazing experiences for people everywhere they go. Using a first-of-its-kind technology, Raydiant reimagines and transforms guest and employee experiences through dynamic and interactive digital signage. Some of the nation’s most recognizable brick-and-mortar companies use Raydiant to keep employees engaged and customers coming back, all while driving revenue.
Built with both people and businesses in mind, Raydiant focuses on the experience so companies can focus on their products. Franchise managers, IT, marketing, and communications executives can effectively scale their brick-and-mortar operations while eliminating outdated technology. Our superior product, service, and integrations seamlessly create more engaging and personalized in-store experiences that keep customers coming back and buying more.
Raydiant works with nearly 4,500 brands, from SMB to enterprise, including Chick-Fil-A, Red Bull, First Bank, Harvard University, The Salvation Army, Thomson Reuters, and Wahlburgers. Founded in April 2017, Raydiant is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and is the highest funded company of its kind, with investments from 8VC, Atomic Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Mark Wahlberg Investments, Bloomberg Beta, Gaingels, Illuminate Ventures, Transmedia Capital, and Ron Conway. To learn more, visit www.raydiant.com.
About the Role:
The Controller will be working closely with our executive team to help us build financial systems and processes that will enable us to scale while maintaining the agility in the fast-paced environment. Working closely with senior management, and external service providers, the successful candidate will prepare consolidated accounting and management reports and implement US GAAP protocols company-wide.
This position will be expected to report in person at HQ in San Francisco, CA.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participate in management meetings and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual GAAP financial statements in multiple currencies using global accounting system
- Streamline month-end close process and work closely with our external auditors on all technical accounting issues, including ASC 606
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures conform to US GAAP accounting standards
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and play a lead role in directing change initiatives and operational improvements
- Supervise accounting functions, compensation, intercompany cash management, tax review, system administration, currency revaluation, payroll, accounts payable
- Interface with global Sales team for commissions calculations and payments
- Assume the lead role managing the independent annual audit, develop audit processes, functions, and external auditor relationships
- Oversee cash management and short-term investments
- Drive compliance and all aspects of tax filings, including state sales tax, corporate state and federal tax, VAT and other international tax filings
- Partner with Manage interactions with vendors, including securing favorable financial terms and accounts payable management
- Owner of the monthly close including three entities and growing
- Perform monthly roll-forwards and reconciliations for the majority of Balance sheet accounts
- Other accounting, and operational projects as assigned
- Collaborate with other functions to envision and implement enterprise systems to create a competitive advantage
- Maintain and model professional standards of performance, demeanor and integrity
- Ensure projects are well-organized implementation plans are detailed and realistic
- Explain technical accounting issues to the non-accounting management team and US GAAP policies to non-US (limited English proficiency) teams.
What We Are Looking For
- 10+ years of demonstrable, progressive success in a senior financial role in a software company
- Four-year degree: advanced degree CPA and /or MBA preferred
- Significant experience defining and operationalizing financial strategies.
- Deep SaaS/software industry financial and strategic business modeling knowledge
- Sales compensation experience is a plus
- Recent B2B SaaS and/or software growth-stage Experience
- Proven history of managing the financial and operational expansion of a business through organic and M&A channels
- Strong understanding of software business economic and financial modeling.
- US GAAP reporting, budgeting, and global cash management
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience writing and reviewing internal control procedures and standards, and US GAAP accounting rules
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and occasional overtime to meet report deadlines
- Build creative high-performance teams with constructive problem-solving skills
- Maintain utmost confidentiality regarding financial and payroll information
Perks/Benefits at Raydiant:
Full medical and dental plans
Flexible PTO and paid holidays
Be a part of low ego, high-performance team
One of the first 150 people in a very fast-growing company
Be one of the core drivers of the company's success
Work with an amazing engineering team and a very successful go-to-market team
Potential to take on more responsibility as the company grows
Raydiant is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.