Senior Frontend Engineer
Dr. B is looking for curious, mission-driven and capable frontend engineers who want to put their talents to improve efficiency and equity in healthcare. You will help to improve access to prescriptions for patients as part of our top-notch product engineering team. You will work closely with talented peers from a variety of backgrounds across our product management, design, and clinical teams to identify problems and build effective solutions.
What you will be doing
You will take a leading role in shaping Dr. B’s engineering discipline by building out our culture and processes along with our user interface. Every engineer on the product engineering team has opportunities to span the stack and, since our backend and frontend are both written in TypeScript, you will be able to venture as beyond the frontend as you’d like. You will be expected to be both in the weeds working directly on technical problem solving and leading by creating space for your colleagues to do the same.
If you’re motivated by creating solutions that make a difference, you’ll be right at home. Dr. B is listed as a Public Benefit Corporation, which means we’re driven by our mission rather than profits. We're also planning an open-source initiative to publish everything we build that could be useful for other organizations as OSS libraries. As a senior frontend engineer, you would have the opportunity to not just shape our core product development, but our open source projects and organizational footprint.
- Strongly-typed APIs and content model using tRPC, netlify-cms and internal libraries
- Deployed to AWS with lambda APIs
- Automated UI testing through BrowserStack
- Cutting edge developer tooling
- CI/CD through GitHub Actions
What success looks like
- Bring your unique talents and experience to the product engineering team, where you routinely ship high quality software that simplifies healthcare access for our patients and clinicians.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Collaborate seamlessly with designers, product managers, and other frontend and backend engineers, and inform API contracts.
- Define and maintain engineering processes that enable us to develop both quickly and at consistently high quality — including writing tests and technical documentation.
- Work collaboratively to multiply the outcomes of your teammates through mentorship, review, and solving entire classes of technical problems.
- Actively engage in the entire life cycle of product engineering, including sprint planning, retrospectives, on-call rotation, and deploying software.
- Align your technical decisions with Dr. B’s mission and unique approach to healthcare while contributing to the company’s overall trajectory.
- Drive system design by regularly developing and reviewing proposed changes to the architecture.
- Build out a strong open-source software initiative.
What you will bring
- Experience! You have shipped high-quality code into production (preferably with React and/or TypeScript), know your way around HTML/CSS (including layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility), and have worked with browser APIs to optimize frontend performance.
- Initiative to solve design challenges and pose new and productive questions about user experiences.
- Breadth to span the entire stack when necessary (we build our backends with NodeJS and TypeScript).
- A passion for technical excellence, both for yourself and your peers (we’re looking for team players, not solo acts!).
- An uncanny ability to anticipate and mitigate technical and operational risks.
- Myriad approaches to debugging, maintaining, and improving complex user interfaces.
- A talent for advancing quality, durability, and managing technical debt.
- The ability to enhance our users’ trust in Dr. B by placing compliance, security and ethics at the forefront of our systems.
Why Dr. B?
- Interesting and challenging technical stack including React, TypeScript, and PostgreSQL.
- Work with and learn from industry leaders from healthcare, tech, and non-profit backgrounds in a respectful and inclusive environment.
- Contribute to building an exciting tool in the critical fight to improve efficiency and equity in health care.
- Cooperative, mission-driven culture with a focus on equity, expanding access to healthcare, and contributing to the industry as a whole through our open source software initiative.
- Own the full stack - deployments through infrastructure as code (almost all application logic is serverless, so no worrying about servers crashing in the middle of the night!).
- Commitment to engineering excellence.
- Competitive salary.