Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing, and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments, and consumers. The technology is complex, but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need when you need it. Through our technology, that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
About You and The Role
As an intern in this role, you’ll experience a wide cross-section of the Finance realm. A successful candidate will must have strong communication and negotiation skills, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines. This role has many customers - both internal and external - and a successful candidate will need to be excited and ready to partner cross-functionally across many teams in the business to achieve the given objectives. This role is based in Rwanda.
What You'll Do
- Invoice Processing: Assist in the accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices. Investigate and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Vendor and Client Communication: Collaborate with vendors and internal clients to address inquiries and resolve discrepancies. Maintain positive relationships with vendors and internal clients through effective communication.
- Data Entry and Coding: Enter invoice data into the accounting system with a high level of accuracy. Code expenses to appropriate accounts and cost centers.
- Reconciliation: Assist in reconciling Tipalti/Netsuite AP to ensure all invoices are accounted for. Work with team members to resolve outstanding issues and discrepancies.
- Assist in Month-end Closing: Contribute to the month-end closing process by preparing reports and reconciling accounts. Support the finance team in any additional tasks related to month-end procedures.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong analytical acumen
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Knowledge in relevant computer software (e.g. Oracle Netsuite, Tipalti, Expensify) is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and intermediate formulas (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.) is a plus
- Quick learner
- Ability to work well in a team environment
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at email@example.com upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.