Senior Packaging Design Engineer
About You and The Role
Zipline has partnered with some of the most innovative healthcare, restaurant, and retail brands in the country to revolutionize the way goods are moved. These companies have spent decades refining their business models and continuously reimagining how to deliver a superior customer experience. Zipline is helping them reimagine it once again for the 21st century, with instant delivery via drone. But that may also require some adaptation:
- How do you deliver a steaming hot cup of coffee without spilling it?
- How do you transport a lab sample while maintaining the appropriate temperature?
- How do you ensure that the act of receiving and opening the package adds to the delight of the delivery?
If helping our partners solve similar challenges excites you, then you might belong on Zipline’s Customer Success team. Our ideal candidate is customer obsessed, creative, and deeply curious. Experience in packaging design/engineering is necessary and an industrial design background is a plus. You should combine a rigorous approach to designing packaging with the ability to think outside the box. Most importantly, you should be invigorated by the challenge of how to make square pegs fit into round holes and dedicated to delivering results.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our partners’ products, constraints, and goals
- Design, present, and prototype realistic and economical packaging solutions. These should allow our partners to optimize the space available in Zipline’s drone delivery systems while maintaining product quality and maximizing customers’ unpacking experience
- Create high quality 3D models, presentations, physical mockups, and test solutions
- Test and validate packaging solutions to ensure feasibility in the real world
- Collaborate with partners, Customer Success, and third-party vendors to design, develop and source packaging solutions
What You'll Bring
- Real life experience in packaging design
- Background in industrial design
- A creative vision aligned with the innovation that our new solution provides
- A deep understanding of solutions on a system level
- A focus on continuous learning - it’s how we made it this far!