People Operations Generalist
About You and The Role
We’re looking for an experienced and detail-oriented People Operations Generalist to join our small-but-mighty People Team in South San Francisco. In this role you’ll own two key People programs: new hire onboarding and leave of absence administration. With warmth, accuracy, and discretion you’ll support Zipliners at some of the most wonderful and challenging moments in their lives. You’ll also have the opportunity to support the broader People Ops function by processing employee lifecycle changes, supporting payroll close, and answering tickets at our People Help Desk.
This role is ideal for a strong prioritizer with exceptional organizational skills and a proven history of coordinating across teams (Talent, Legal, Payroll, etc.) who thrives in a high-trust and fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Manage all administrative aspects of our US onboarding program, including initial outreach, travel coordination, first-day logistics, delivering onboarding presentations, employment verification, and serving as a general resource for all new hire questions.
- Serve as the initial contact for all inquiries regarding leaves of absence and partner with our third-party leave administrator and the Zipline Payroll Team to ensure accurate executions of Zipline’s leave program and leave pay
- Own employee lifecycle changes within Zipline’s HRIS (onboarding, profile and team changes, departures, etc.) Additionally, you’ll develop and implement process improvements by working cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders from Talent, Legal, IT, Payroll, and Finance.
- Ensure our HRIS is the accurate, single source of truth for all employee data. You’ll run regular audits and reports, and
- Own non-exempt Payroll review: you’ll enter timecard adjustments, correct timecard errors, produce reporting, and communicate with Zipliners and their leads to ensure that timecards are accurate in time for Payroll close.
What You'll Bring
- Experienced professional with 3+ years of HR Generalist/People Ops experience, preferably at a fast-growing global organization
- 2+ years of experience managing day-to-day leave of absence administration
- Strong knowledge of employment law including FMLA/CFRA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, and related state and federal regulations
- Experience conducting high-volume onboarding
- Experience with ATS and HRIS workflows and optimization; familiarity with Greenhouse Recruiting + Onboarding and ADP Workforce Now preferred but not required
- Organized, multi-tasking self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, constantly growing and evolving startup environment
- Ability to foster effective, trusting cross-functional relationships and partnerships, with both internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve with minimal direction
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
What Else You Need to Know
This is a hybrid role with a minimum of 3 days per week in-person at our South San Francisco office.