Customer Support Manager
About You and The Role
We are looking for a unique leader seeking a chance to plan, build and scale a world-class customer support team. Zipline is set to experience significant growth in the United States as we deploy our next-generation instant logistics platform. In this role you will play a key part in shaping Zipline’s overall customer experience for our first U.S. markets and beyond. We are looking for someone who can pair their customer support/service experience and industry knowledge with the passion to help design and build our new team, tools and processes from the ground-up. Success will require attention to detail, flexibility, enthusiasm for working with others and driving continuous improvement. This role reports to the Head of U.S. Operations.
What You'll Do
- Hire, train and lead a customer support team responsible for ensuring an excellent experience for both our business partners and customer end users
- Resolve inbound issues via call, chat, email, etc. through either immediate resolution based on the SOPs you’ve developed or through ticket issuance and follow-up with cross-functional teams
- Evaluate and deliver a customer support approach that is firstly AI and autonomy driven for scale, while still allowing for high personal interaction as needed
- Collaborate with our Customer Success, Customer Apps and Program Management teams to set requirements for the software tools, systems and integrations needed for effective and connected Customer Support workflows
- Leverage your Customer Support industry knowledge to evaluate and recommend relevant vendors to integrate into our systems
- Create and deliver on-boarding training material to our business partners that enables them to successfully operate our P2 system and train their employees with minimal friction
- Collect and leverage data to drive continuous improvement internally within Customer Support, as well cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, etc.
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of experience in customer-facing communications, customer support/service or contact center management, with 5+ years of experience directly leading a customer support, service or care team of more than 5 people
- Forward thinking mindset; experience in leveraging new technology to augment live customer support
- History of using data to drive improvements in customer experience, product quality or operational efficiency
- Experience implementing new customer support software and CRM tools from scratch is a plus
- Ability to travel ~40% of time in the first 6-12 months with less travel after that period
- Eligible to work in U.S.