Safety Program Coordinator
About This Team
We play a crucial role in managing and coordinating various aspects to ensure we are operating safely. The Safety Program Coordinator has experience working in EHS and experience in manufacturing, production, and aviation operations. This position will work in environmental, occupational health, and safety subject areas and assist with operationally focused audits, investigations, and documentation. This person will be responsible primarily for federal and state OSHA regulatory implementation. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, show the ability to work cross-functionally, have a bias for action, and willingness to engage at all levels. The role requires good relationships and partnerships with collaborators, peers, and partners.
About You and The Role
As the Safety Program Coordinator, you will have the important responsibility of serving as the point of contact for all environmental, occupational health, and safety inquiries and audits. You are expected to conduct regular inspections to identify potential OSHA violations and recommend necessary corrections. In addition to your inspections, you will be helping receive and respond to Safety related tickets, providing regular communication, which meet our internal service level agreements. Your work will directly affect Zipline’s ability to improve and expand our service to people and communities across the world.
This is an in-person role, based out of our HQ in South San Francisco.
What You'll Do
- Integrate employee activities across environmental, occupational health, and safety subject areas.
- Collaborate with vendors, contractors, and maintenance staff to address facility-related issues promptly.
- Maintain records of safety audits and inspection reports.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify OSHA violations and recommend necessary improvements.
- Develop and implement an Emergency Response Team to provide support for the teams onsite. Standardize program to support company growth at all locations.
- Communicate with teams to understand their evolving needs and space requirements while proposing strategic, safe solutions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety regulations.
- Coordinate support for PPE, ensuring items are fully stocked and labeled accurately.
- Develop and implement a standard signage program for hazardous materials, safety procedures and team ownership.
- Develop, distribute, and record safety-related training, while developing and motivating employees to participate.
- Develop and drive assigned projects and process plans, implement policies and procedures, and set operational goals.
- Assist operational investigations and develop action reports when necessary.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and enforce mitigations.
- Conduct IEP and other safety-related audits.
- Provide excellent customer service and promptly address and safety-related concerns.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders, including department leads and executives.
- Some travel may be required; less than 15%
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (preferred)
- Experience in a diverse setting that includes manufacturing, design, and operations
- 3+ year of experience in leading informal and/or formal teams
- 3+ years of experience in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- A deep excitement to learn, and an aptitude for multi-tasking.
- A desire to work in a hands-on environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Who is Eligible at Zipline?
- You have been with Zipline for 9+ months in a full-time capacity.
- You are in good performance standing with your current role and team.
- You have project management experience and thrive in problem solving activities.
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $90,000 - $120,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at email@example.com upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.