Global Supply Manager
About You and The Role
The hardware that supports our global operations is growing and scaling. We need a Global Supply Manager who is excellent at strategizing, sourcing, managing, and driving a supply base that enables us to scale effectively while considering cost, capacity, quality and design efficiency. You will work cross-functionally with the engineering, operations, and manufacturing teams to make high-level, high-impact decisions that influence the overall strategic direction of Zipline’s operations. As a sourcing and supply chain subject matter expert, you will own the relationships with internal and external partners that impact decision-making around design for manufacturing. Your leadership will guide internal stakeholders to make thoughtful decisions and increase the rate at which Zipline can make an impact.
What You'll Do
- Own new product and technology areas for Zipline from a commercial and supply chain perspective.
- Source and qualify suppliers for Zipline technology to successfully set up Zipline’s scaled manufacturing and global operations of our next generation hardware.
- Understand and help drive internal decisions of the design, function, and operation of Zipline systems and equipment.
- Develop and manage successful global supplier relationships.
- Build scalable processes and trust with the engineering, manufacturing, logistics, and global operations teams.
- Fully execute on commercial contract negotiation with suppliers that are aligned with Zipline’s long term strategy and direction.
What You'll Bring
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of proven experience with the experience of developing a real product from a design to a mass production phase. Design->Qualify->Scale->Sustain–>End of Life.
- You have a strategic orientation as well as a track record of actually delivering on products that see the light of day.
- Your personal brand anchors on being self-motivated, making things happen, and taking pride in what you do.
- You are willing to get in the weeds and dive headfirst into Zipline’s UAV technology and operations.
- You can communicate effectively and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external teams.
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments.
What Else You Need to Know
This role is based out of our South San Francisco HQ with minimum of 4 days a week in office. Must be eligible to work in the US and travel globally as needed.
The starting cash range for this role is $100,000 - $130,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; overtime pay; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.