Accounting Manager, Nigeria
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing, and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments, and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology which includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
The Finance and Accounting Manager will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and expanding end-to-end accounting, systems and processes in Nigeria. Additionally, this person will be responsible for customer relationship management, ensuring timely invoicing, and following up on outstanding payments from our customers.
A successful candidate will be based in Nigeria and must have strong communication and negotiation skills, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines. This role has many customers - both internal and external - and a successful candidate will need to be excited and ready to partner cross-functionally across many teams in the business to achieve the given objectives.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the country’s accounting department including; month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, banking relationships and fixed asset activity.
- Coordination of banking activities and transactions. Oversee credit card reconciliation, cash reconciliation, mobile money reconciliation, review of employee expense reimbursement and more.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, and statement of cash flows
- Own month/Year end closing for their respective countries and establish key processes to ensure financials accurately reflect business activity
- Partner regularly with various teams, including General Manager, Country Leadership, and Global Finance Team, to support data driven decision-making
- Assist in other ad-hoc project as needed
Financial controls & cost reduction
- Ensure proper financial control and compliance.
- Coordinate and complete annual audit timely
- Improve systems, implement policies and provide recommendations on cost reduction
- Tax Management & Compliance.
- Maintain all customer contracts and ensure they are applied during invoicing
- Ensure monthly billing, submission of invoices to customers, and cash application to receivables in Netsuite as per remittance/payment advice
- Ensure banking details provided to customers via letter must correspond to the banking details on the invoice. Issue receipts upon payment from customers
- Frequent follow-up and contact customers for overdue payments
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as fulfillment, customer service, HSI, and various nest to ensure the right information or data for monthly billing
- Provide monthly statements of accounts to customers after reconciling the customer accounts and promptly resolve customer issues
- Provide management and other key stakeholders with reports on accounts receivables and collections, Tax Credit certificates, WHT on VAT, etc
What You’ll Bring
- A first degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business-related discipline
- Recognized professional accounting certification (ACA/ACCA) with a preference of 7+ years of experience ( bonus if you have experience with Netsuite)
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and work effectively with multicultural teams
- Experience in managing relationships with government agencies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, GAAP and other applicable accounting standards, billings and collection procedures.
- Excels in working in a rapidly changing environment with stakeholders in various time-zones
- Industry experiences in FMCG, Fintech or Agritech company is a plus
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim