Head of Business Systems
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and the Role
We’re looking for a Head of Business Systems to develop and optimize our systems to meet the needs of our business processes. This role requires a visionary leader who can align technology strategies with the needs of the business, develop a deep understanding of our processes, foster innovation, and effectively manage teams as we continue to scale. You will act as a trusted leader and change agent, providing thought leadership and execution excellence, driving technology enablement and innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, scale and manage in-house developed systems solutions that create a long term competitive advantage by meeting our unique business and operational needs.
- Lead the launch and management of various external systems, continually assessing their effectiveness and deprecating outdated systems.
- Manage our technology portfolio, leveraging your evolving knowledge of industry trends, taking advantage of emerging technologies, in order to drive operational effectiveness, efficiency and competitive advantage.
- Proactively manage vendor relationships to optimize spend, building partnerships with key vendors.
- Manage the company spend across business systems, internal infrastructure, data infrastructure, and hardware.
- Establish and lead a centralized team responsible for gathering requirements, prioritizing projects, and objectively managing the implementation of systems across the organization.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience as a Head of Business Systems or in a similar leadership role.
- Excellent communication, partnership and collaboration skills across all levels internal and external to Zipline to influence and execute your vision.
- Strong operational experience in understanding business processes, and developing systems solutions to automate and reduce inefficiencies.
- Ability to see the big picture, as well as, strong attention to detail.
- A mindset of continuous improvement focused on driving efficiency, automation and better business processes.
- Experience establishing and leading an IT security strategy to reduce risk and maintain business continuity.
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills with the ability to foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Experience in launching and managing systems, including user acceptance testing and piloting.
- Proficiency in software development and project management methodologies.
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $180,000 - $225,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!