Technical Accounting Manager
About You and The Role
We seek a high-energy, self-motivated, hands-on Technical Accounting Manager to join our growing Accounting team. An ideal candidate excels in external reporting responsibilities, technical research, and verbal and written communication, and is a problem solver who can translate complex accounting matters into concise business solutions. You will continually look for ways to help our team get better at what we do in the most efficient way possible.
In this role, you will play a significant part in ensuring the integrity, consistency, and application of GAAP worldwide, including accounting policies, practices, and systems. You will contribute to achieving an efficient monthly/quarterly/annual close and financial reporting process for the accounting team. You also have SOX experience and a collaborative mindset to co-lead our contract review cycle.
What You'll Do
As the Technical Accounting Manager, you will contribute to various other one-time complex technical accounting problem-solving situations, requiring detailed reading of underlying agreements and US GAAP guidance. Along with proper accounting, you will assist with all related aspects of key areas concerning revenue recognition, internal management reporting, technical accounting support, and various ad hoc projects.
You will be able to drive reporting and technical excellence while supporting the development of practical business processes and solutions. You will have a background in researching and teaching others about new GAAP and existing GAAP requirements, be detail-oriented, and have strong organizational and relationship-building skills. This position requires strong communication capabilities to work with finance and non-finance personnel.
Example responsibilities include:
- Oversee Technical Accounting and Compliance
- Be responsible for researching and updating internal documentation on technical accounting issues and new accounting guidance and their application to internal and external reporting
- Review contracts and analyze revenue recognition arrangements to ensure accordance with ASC 606 and related US GAAP pronouncements and company policy
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility
- Perform and assist with complex calculations and analyses (software capitalization, investments valuation, complex accruals)
- Assist in areas such as equity, stock-based compensation, lease accounting
- Document business processes for standard accounting tasks
- Document and standardize accounting policies
- Participate in financial transformation initiatives, implement process changes, and establish best practices
- Work closely with international accounting teams to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, third-party service providers, including external auditors, assist in quarterly reviews, and annual audits with external auditors
- Provide accounting, disclosure support, and advice to worldwide finance personnel
- Develop and maintain working relationships across Finance, Legal, Investor Relations, and other organizations.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- At least 7+ years of experience with at least 2 years of experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm, preferred
- Strong understanding of typical financial statement line items and financial metrics/ratios
- Experience with NetSuite or a similar global ERP system preferred
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving, and ability to summarize conclusions succinctly
- Flexibility and comfort with continuous change, willingness to take on challenges, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple duties and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of dedication to improvement and a strong sense of ownership
- High standards of customer service to contacts both within and outside the company
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $135,000 - $160,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.