Strategic Finance (Global Operations)
About You and The Role
We are hiring a finance team member to support the Global Operations function at Zipline, which includes manufacturing, supply chain, logistics and other critical teams. This role sits within Zipline’s Strategic Finance team which is responsible for maximizing business value by evaluating and facilitating strategic decisions to deploy financial resources efficiently. Strategic Finance leads the annual and quarterly planning process, performs financial analyses, and partners with teams across Zipline to track company-wide performance. We advise our C-Suite and board on Zipline’s long-term strategy and financial outlook.
You will play a critical role to help Zipline sustainably scale Global Operations of Platform 1 and Platform 2 in the US and around the globe on helping Zipline. You will design processes and run analyses that provide operational improvements and direct decision support to leaders within our Global Operations teams. You will help define Zipline’s manufacturing and supply chain strategies for Platform 2, and develop financial models to help Zipline profitably build the world’s first autonomous logistics network.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a thought partner to the Zipleine’s Operations organization, which includes manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, field support and our US operations; advise leaders across the company on Zipline’s product and operational strategy.
- Develop sophisticated financial models that assess the financial impact of various operational strategies and scenarios. Use these models to support long-term planning, strategy, and resource allocation.
- Develop models that inform manufacturing strategy and inventory management across the globe.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and supply chain teams to streamline processes, optimize resource allocation, and drive continuous improvement initiatives. Contribute financial insights to enhance operational strategies and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Partner with deployment and operations teams to assess the financial feasibility of scaling new transformative products.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, define, and track key performance indicators (KPIs) that provide actionable insights into manufacturing efficiency, supply chain performance, and operational effectiveness. You will develop and maintain comprehensive operational reports to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
What You'll Bring
- You have 3+ years of experience in operational finance or similar. You are comfortable serving as a “general athlete” that can do a little bit of everything! We will also consider candidates with corporate finance or investment banking backgrounds and a desire to transition.
- You have direct experience working with hardware focused companies (technology, healthcare, etc.)
- You have experience in the technology industry, ideally with a company that sells complex and innovative products
- You are comfortable working in cross-functional environments, able to navigate seamlessly between different functions, skillsets, and perspectives
- You can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to build strong relationships with Zipline teams
- You like to get into the weeds and understand how businesses operate
- You are capable of working with imperfect information and driving to effective decision making in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong project management and organizational skills; you like to drive process and accountability within an organization
- You are an excel wizard and can build and manage complex financial models
- You have basic knowledge of databases, data visualization and querying data (SQL experience a plus)
- You have solid knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles and financial analysis (return on capital, time to profitability, scenario analysis)