Head of Facilities, Ghana
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing, and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments, and consumers. The technology is complex, but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
About You and The Role
The role of the Head of Facilities is to ensure the success of Zipline’s operations and cross-functional teams in Ghana by maximizing facility up-time, safety, productivity, comfort, and cleanliness. You will oversee facilities management, administration, and procurement and also supervise external contracts and vendors. If you are an organized self-starter who proactively recognizes problems and works collaboratively to solve them, then this could be the role for you!
As the Head of Facilities, you will also play an essential role in liaising with the facilities leads at the various distribution centers in Ghana to ensure operations are well-coordinated and running seamlessly. Without you and the work you put in to achieve results, our teams will not be successful.
What You'll Do
- Oversee country inventory and supply chain management according to company guidelines
- Support facilities team to develop and execute procurement plans for country operations.
- Manage the facilities team and all activities and employees related to facilities operations (from maintenance and procurement to security and cleaning
- Management of Company's Works and Services
- Management of Company's rented and landed properties
- Administer Company's Procurement Policy
- Management of Company’s Assets Inventory
- Management of Company's Security Services
- Management of Company's Fleet of Vehicle
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Working closely with the company legal department to make sure contracts and terms are favorable
What You'll Bring
- Experience in procurement
- Experience in facilities management and administration (maintenance planning and scheduling, team management and leadership)
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Strong data gathering and analytics and reporting skills. Able to work with computing systems (G Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
- Ability to effectively prioritize with strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work with minimal guidance; proactive, motivated self-starter.
- Flexibility and ability to handle and manage change effectively and efficiently.
- Must be eligible to work in Ghana.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.