Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
We seek an analyst in Geospatial Information Systems to join the Zipline Maps team. The Maps team is generally responsible for processing the geospatial data that our drones need to safely navigate from a distribution center to each delivery site. As an analyst you would work with stakeholders across the company, especially those involved in new business development, to apply geospatial techniques to make data driven decisions.
What You'll Do
- Prepare spatial statistics, conduct spatial analyses, and provide detailed cartographic output for strategic decision making across Zipline and for interacting with external clients
- Develop processes for reliably transforming and storing source data into the geospatial representations to ensure data consistency and freshness
- Work with software engineers to create high-level, “self-service” tools that empower our stakeholders to answer geospatial questions for themselves
- Collect requirements from new stakeholders and incorporate feedback from previous ones in order to continue expanding and improving our analytical offerings
What You'll Bring
You will be required to have experience in these areas:
- Experience with geospatial data wrangling, querying, analysis, visualization, and validation
- Ability to automate spatial data workflows that involve statistical calculations or geometric transformation, either with high-level GIS tooling or custom scripts
- Experience translating source data into the custom geospatial representations such as databases, files/spreadsheets, and web maps
- Working knowledge of open source GIS software such as QGIS, pandas, geopandas PostGIS, SQL, GDAL
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders across a variety of geographies and backgrounds and create clear documentation and maps for external partners
- Ability to prioritize multiple work streams, manage interruptions and stay productive
- Strong candidates will also have:
- Experience with remote sensing: able to identify and extract features from raster imagery using a combination of manual and automated means
- Comfortable using Python and working with APIs to access data from various sources
Level of experience
3-5 years of industry experience in GIS
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $95,000-115,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at email@example.com upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.