Full Stack Tech Lead
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology which includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
Zipline is expanding our autonomous drone delivery network around the world, helping people get what they need, no matter where they live. As part of this expansion, Zipline is building technology to safely and efficiently integrate our drones into complex airspace across the globe. This technology is our key enabler to safely interoperate with other commercial drone companies and existing airspace users.
We’re looking for world-class software engineers that thrive at launching new products and working through the ‘0 to 1’ phase. This is a unique opportunity to help shape how software and automation will enable a paradigm shift from human-centric management to machine-centric.
What You'll Do
- Define and build industry-first airspace management technologies to enable the world’s most active commercial drone network to further scale
- Guide overall system architecture, considering potential integrations of Zipline-built services with open-source and partner technologies
- Build core services that enable equitable airspace access, flight deconfliction, and simulation across companies
- Lead development efforts across the full stack of our codebase, including end-to-end software development lifecycle, system design, implementation, validation, and rollout
- Engage in open-source community related to drone airspace management
- Design a highly reliable, configurable and secure software system that enterprises can depend on globally
- Mentor engineer team members and share best practices to level up the team
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years experience in software engineering
- Desire to take on a foundational technical role and guide the direction of a new product
- Experience providing technical leadership to cross-team initiatives
- Hold a high bar for technical excellence across the team
- Expertise in modern full-stack technologies and best practices
- Experience architecting and deploying full-stack applications
- Experience integrating, and potentially contributing to open-source technologies
- Experience designing software for security, scalability, and reliability
- Experience designing APIs and sophisticated data models
- Strong product instincts and empathy for the customer
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $170,000 - 210,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at email@example.com upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.