Talent & Recruiting Intern [Fall 2023]
Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building the first instant logistics system that serves all humans equally. Leveraging expertise in robotics and autonomy, Zipline designs, builds, and operates a fleet of cutting edge, autonomous delivery drones. We serve tens of millions of people around the world.
Joining Zipline’s Emerging Talent program as an intern is an opportunity to contribute to our promise of building a system that provides equitable access to critical healthcare supplies for millions of people. We believe that internships are more than just opportunities to learn by watching or doing low level tasks. We expect our interns to take on meaningful work that actively contributes to moving Zipline’s mission forward, while learning real-world skills that will serve them in their careers for the long term.
Join us, and build the future of logistics with the best humans around!
About the Emerging Talent Team
The Emerging Talent team sits at the heart of Zipline’s Talent Team. We are a group of passionate people who care deeply about empowering early career talent, and building a supportive structure in which all Zipliners can learn and thrive. This program’s mission is centered on our commitment to continuously investing in emerging professionals from all backgrounds, and diversifying our company at large for the long-term. At Zipline, one of our biggest competitive advantages has always been our people, and we are committed to building out a robust internship program that channels extraordinary talent into extraordinary learning opportunities where individuals can make a real and meaningful impact on Zipline and the world.
The Emerging Talent team is looking for an extraordinary Coordinator to join our dynamic, passionate team and help propel the Zipline mission forward. That’s right, the intern program needs an intern! Coordinators are the lifeblood of a talent and recruiting team, and instrumental in ensuring a seamless candidate experience and process. In addition to coordinating interviews, the Emerging Talent Intern will also help build out our data tracking. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a strong sense of ownership and a "get things done" attitude, and energized to help us build a world-class internship program!
What You'll Do
In addition to hiring high-potential talent for our internship roles, the Emerging Talent team is also responsible for hosting and supporting interns while they are here. This involves:
- Hosting intern-exclusive social events
- Providing interns with opportunities to meet with leaders at the company and learn from their journey
- Pairing interns with cross-functional mentors
- Coordinating exclusive flight training and demos of new tech at our test sites in Northern California
- Facilitating role extensions and conversions
- Building and maintaining dashboards to show our ROI from university/college tours, events and beyond.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the overall success of the emerging talent program by partnering closely with the program coordinator and the rest of the talent team
- Own the intern candidate scheduling process from start to finish
- Conduct meet and greets with local candidates onsite, serving as the consummate host
- Partner closely with the Emerging Talent team and hiring managers across various teams to ensure a seamless candidate experience and recruiting process
- Efficiently manage and track candidates through our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse), while maintaining timely and effective communication
- Build out the team’s data tracking to better understand team performance in regard to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) goals
- Help facilitate and coordinate internal Emerging Talent events as needed
What You'll Bring
- Passion and excitement for advancing underrepresented groups, and Zipline’s mission
- The ability to make every candidate feel like they belong here
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and prioritization skills
- Superb communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal), with an ability to build partnerships and establish rapport and credibility at all levels
- The ability to adapt in a fluid, high-growth environment
- The ability to remain composed with tight timelines and a high volume of activities
- Exceptional ethics around confidentiality and highly sensitive information
- Excitement to learn and grow with a world-class recruiting team
What Else You Need to Know
Our internships are full-time positions, in-person at our South San Francisco office. We will host our Fall 2023 interns from September to December.
The starting cash range for this role is $26.00 - 30.00 / hour. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, and working location. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; overtime pay; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Zipline is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your point of contact at Zipline know if you require any accommodations throughout your interview process.
Something looks off?