Accounting Manager, Ghana
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
The Finance and Accounting Manager will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and expanding end-to-end accounting systems and processes in Ghana. Additionally, this person will be responsible for customer relationship management, ensuring timely invoicing, and following up on outstanding payments from our customers.
A successful candidate will be based in Ghana and must have strong communication and negotiation skills, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines. This role has many customers - both internal and external - and a successful candidate will need to be excited and ready to partner cross-functionally across many teams in the business to achieve the given objectives.
What You'll Do
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the country’s accounting department including; month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, banking relationships and fixed asset activity.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
Financial Controls & Cost Reduction
- Ensure proper financial control and compliance.
- Coordinate and complete annual audit.
- Provide initiatives and recommendations on cost reduction.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective action.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Tax Management and Tax Returns Filing.
- Coordination of banking activities and transactions.
- Work cooperatively with all the units to meet operational and team objectives.
- Maintain all customer contracts and ensure they are applied during invoicing
- Maintain up-to-date information of customers in the billing system
- Ensure monthly billing, submission of invoices to customers, and cash application to receivables in Netsuite as per remittance/payment advice
- Ensure banking details provided to customers via letter must correspond to the banking details on the invoice. Issue receipts upon payment from customers
- Frequent follow-up and contact customers for overdue payments
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as fulfillment operations, customer service, client success, and various distribution centers to ensure the right information or data for monthly billing
- Provide monthly statements of accounts to customers after reconciling the customer accounts.
- Manage customer queries and promptly resolve customer issues
- Provide management and other key stakeholders with reports on accounts receivables and collections, Tax Credit certificates, WHT on VAT, etc
- Inquire about payment plans with customers when necessary
- Enforce credit policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company standards/contracts
- Assist in other ad-hoc project as needed
What You'll Bring
- A first degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business-related discipline
- Recognized professional accounting certification
- At least 4 to 6 years’ relevant work experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles, billings, and collection procedures
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Experience in managing relationships with government agencies
What Else You Need to Know
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.
Something looks off?