Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
What You'll Do
- Lead foundational technical initiatives for our budding cloud infrastructure
- Lean into and develop our story for software deployments, infrastructure as code, monitoring, and inter-service communication
- Evaluate new technologies and solutions to our infrastructure challenges and drive forward adoptions
- Partner with teams of developers to build out best practices around cloud infrastructure and services
- Scale our ability to manage services by writing software, administering systems, and evangelizing best practices across the software stack
- Participate in an on call rotation centered around our core cloud infrastructure
- Set a high technical bar for our interview processes
What You'll Bring
- 6+ years of professional experience designing, implementing and deploying cloud platforms to support internal and external business needs
- Desire to take on a foundational technical role and guide the direction of cloud infrastructure
- Hold a high bar for technical excellence across the organization
- Strong technical expertise in one of Deployments, AWS, Kafka, or Monitoring/Logging
- You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and build strong relationships with other software teams
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Nice to haves
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with event driven architectures (i.e. Kafka)
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $135,000 - $175,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
See more open positions at Zipline
Something looks off?