Head of Marketing, U.S.
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
As a founding member of the marketing leadership team, you'll lead a talented team responsible for creating our messaging and positioning, driving demand and growth through scaled and high-touch campaigns, and telling some of our most inspiring customer stories. You’ll partner closely with the product and sales teams, collaborate with product and engineering, and report directly to the CMO.
The ideal candidate will be a systems thinker who excels at making the complex understandable without losing the magic of the engineering, robotics and avionics needed to build an autonomous delivery network at global scale. You’ll be an experienced people leader known for identifying and developing talent and rallying a team behind a shared vision. You can lead through ambiguity and thrive in the gray area that comes from building something new in a rapidly growing space.
This role is based at our South San Francisco, CA headquarters.
What You'll Do
- Lead and scale a team of marketers who drive near-term results and build the marketing foundation for years to come.
- Build and execute a marketing strategy that generates new pipeline and drives revenue for the US market, while championing the Zipline brand and customer experience.
- Partner with sales to create marketing assets that differentiate the value and functionality of Zipline’s instant delivery system and accelerate sales conversations.
- Work with our customers to tell their stories across our owned channels and partner with comms to identify earned media opportunities.
- Become a subject-matter expert on the sales process, product strategy, and regulatory milestones involved in running a global instant delivery system.
What You'll Bring
- 12+ years of proven experience in marketing, with several years building and leading teams through various stages of growth.
- Excellent brand judgment, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience defining and driving marketing for B2B technology products in complex, fast-moving environments.
- Comfort managing through ambiguity and experience building processes from the ground up.
- The ability to demonstrate expertise with colleagues at all company levels and lead cross-functional teams.
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $180,000 - 210,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Something looks off?