Harnessing and Electronics Technician
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and the Role
As a member of Zipline’s growing System Prototype and Test team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on ground-breaking test systems with a talented set of engineers and technicians committed to Zipline’s mission. You will own our team’s harnessing and electronics solutions, upgrading our processes to achieve a high level of cleanliness and reliability. You will have opportunities to develop a deep understanding of both of our ground and flight electronics systems, fixture hardware design, and test execution working closely with industry-leading engineers. Most importantly, your work developing next-gen electronics systems will become critical in helping us complete vital deliveries to as many people as possible. Do you have what it takes?
What You'll Do
- Implement clean harnessing solutions with high attention to detail and reliability for a variety of applications from small electronics to high voltage
- Assemble enclosures and fixtures to house electronics for easy interaction and safe use
- Maintain electrical systems over time, conducting calibration and debug as needed
- Execute electrical tests from basic functionality to longer campaigns
- Work with facilities and contractors to ensure we have sufficient power and spacing for our electronics fixtures
- Write detailed documentation of completed work and improve on engineering diagrams and processes
What You'll Bring
- Track record of building excellent and clean harnessing solutions from basic circuit diagrams
- Extensive knowledge of wiring options and mastery of necessary tools
- Experience soldering through-hole and smt components on PCBAs
- Great documentation experience and ability to provide feedback to design engineers on work complemented
- Strong understanding of key electronics principles (voltage, current, resistance, charge, conductivity, AC vs DC, etc.)
- Experience using lab instruments (multimeter, power supply, etc.) for debug and functionality checks
- Ability to execute and keep track of various projects simultaneously on a timeline while providing regular updates
- Strong safety mentality both during implementation and usage of our systems
- Ability to operate machining tools (mill, laser cutter, etc.)
- Experience working in high voltage environments
- Basic PCBA design experience
- Past assembly of basic fixtures based on a loose set of instructions and drawings
- Experience working with environmental chambers and other reliability fixtures
What Else You Need To Know
The starting cash range for this role is $28 - $38 / hour. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; overtime pay; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Something looks off?