Strategic Finance, Revenue & Growth
About You and The Role
This role sits within Zipline’s Strategic Finance team which is responsible for maximizing business value by evaluating and facilitating strategic decisions, allocating and deploying resources efficiently. Strategic Finance leads the annual and quarterly planning process, performs financial analyses and partners with teams across Zipline to track performance at the company and strategic level.
You will be a critical member of the Strategic Finance team focused on maximizing revenue and unlocking growth potential. You will design processes and run analyses that provide operational improvements and direct decision support to our Marketing and GTM teams. You will translate complex customer relationships into bookings, revenue and operational projections that communicate business performance and direction. You’ll work directly with GTM to define customer solutions, set pricing and close deals that will serve as the backbone for Zipline’s growth for years to come. The ideal candidate for this role has strong analytical and communication skills, a passion for deep and creative solutioning, and is excited to develop strong cross functional relationships both inside and outside the organization.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a thought partner to Marketing, GTM and other internal stakeholders on Zipline’s topline business strategy
- Size and analyze market opportunities to guide Zipline’s GTM focus across multiple verticals and geographies
- Be a crucial, financial voice during the solutioning and closing phases of business-critical deals, which includes setting pricing and monetization strategy
- Manage deal reviews and keep leadership and other cross-functional teams updated on sales pipeline and ongoing negotiations
- Drive overall improvement of GTM processes and forecasting
- Establish and track critical GTM metrics and contribute to monthly reporting, quarterly forecasting and ad hoc analysis
- Prepare deep dives on GTM business performance, in collaboration with key stakeholders to inform operating health and future strategic decisions
- Support in steering the cross-functional initiative on unit economics & profitability
What You'll Bring
- You have 5+ years of experience in investment banking, finance, consulting or similar. You are comfortable serving as a “general athlete” that can do a little bit of everything!
- You have direct experience supporting topline growth initiatives, either from a finance, GTM, revenue operations or consultant perspective
- You have experience in the technology industry, ideally with a company that sells complex and innovative products
- You are comfortable working in cross-functional environments, able to navigate seamlessly between different functions, skillsets, and perspectives
- You can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to build strong relationships with Zipline teams and customers
- You are comfortable working directly with external stakeholders and have experience with deal negotiations
- You are data-driven but also committed to supporting fast-paced, “good, not perfect” decision-making
- You have strong project management and organizational skills; you like to drive process and accountability within an organization
- You are an excel wizard and can build and manage complex financial models
- You have solid knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles and deal analysis
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $110,000 - $150,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
Something looks off?