Engineering Test Technician
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and the Role
Have you ever had the experience of buying a product and having it break or become defective out of the box quickly and vow you never want to experience that again? If yes, this could be the position for you! As a critical member of the Hardware Test team, you will be part of our mission to make sure that that experience is never had by the many thousands of doctors who rely on us every day to help them save their patients' lives. We are looking for technically qualified candidates to join our team and grow with us as we obsess over how to test a product so that it can grow from serving tens of thousands to billions of customers.
The ideal candidate will likely have a high attention to detail, strive to make data driven decisions and present the facts as you see it.
What You’ll Do
- Verify that test specifications are correct and can be executed on given resources available.
- Create test setups to match engineering specifications which includes interpretation of test procedures and diagrams, instrumentation, data acquisition, test article diagnostics and front line root causing.
- Accurate reporting of test incidents written in layperson terms.
- Maintenance, safety, and use scheduling of Test Team equipment.
- Write high quality and detailed reports that drive to the root of any issues on a given test using data and a first order analysis.
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working on hardware/software projects and collaborating with hardware engineers
- Ability to understand and interpret a wide variety of technical documents (electrical specification, mechanical drawings, etc…)
- Ability to organize data in a way that is easy to understand
What Else You Need To Know
The starting cash range for this role is $28 - $38 / hour. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; overtime pay; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Please note that this role is based in South San Francisco; a remote option is not available.