Accounting & Finance
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
We are a fast growing team with abundant opportunities to develop and improve processes in accounting and reporting. As an Staff Accoutnant, you will be a key contributor to the monthly close and preparing Zipline for audit. You will prepare standard and ad hoc reports that will be critical for strategic decisions in various areas of the business.
What You'll Do
- Create and enter monthly journal entries for various accounts.
- Record cash activity and reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Update fixed assets with additions, transfers, and retirements.
- Prepare and gather information and reports requested by auditors.
- Assist with Special Projects as needed.
- Some travel to outside sites to assist with projects and inventories may be required.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (plus)
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting – plus)
- Working experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- MS Office proficient, with advanced Excel skills
- Data analytics skills (plus)
- Experience with NetSuite, Tipalti, Odoo, Mode (plus)
- Detail oriented with strong organization, communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal and listening skills. Demonstrated ability to embrace and adapt to change
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in teams; demonstrated ability to assimilate information quickly and a deep desire to learn and succeed
- Must be able to work out of our South San Francisco HQ
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $80,000 - $120,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; overtime pay; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
See more open positions at Zipline
Something looks off?