Mobile Tech Lead
Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable child care providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Team Lead to join our Child Care Management System(CCMS) team to build delightful and intuitive experiences for our customers, from parents seeking quality child care to providers seeking efficiency and order in their business. You will work closely with stakeholders across the company to create simple solutions that bring the Wonderschool vision to life. As a successful Team Lead, you will not only build the user experience, but also help define and influence programming patterns, technology choices, and architecture.
- Mentor a team of developers, providing technical guidance and support to ensure successful project delivery.
- Architect, build, and maintain systems in the Wonderschool product.
- Develop and maintain codebase, ensuring adherence to coding standards, best practices, and documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues, working closely with the team to identify and implement effective solutions.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, designers, and QA professionals to actively influence, organize, and guide the process of developing the application.
- Writing high-quality and readable code, ensuring application stability by extending and improving our automated testing coverage.
- Regular code review to maintain code quality.
- Refactoring and improving codebase.
- Addressing technical debts and resolving them.
- Maintenance of technical documentation and help materials.
- Good experience with Agile development - Kanban; TDD; Story estimation
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, evaluating their potential application within the organization.
- Promote a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a backend or full-stack engineer.
- Fluent in React 16+, Redux, React Hooks, and Node.js
- Proficiency in NoSQL data engines like Firebase and or SQL data engines like Postgres.
- Proven experience breaking down features into bitesize deliverables.
- Extensive experience with GCP and/or AWS, including deploying and managing cloud infrastructure.
- Fully owning and delivering a feature end to end, from requirements analysis and task breakdown to milestone definition and delivery.
- Writing high-quality and readable code, with effective test coverage.
- Defining timelines, and proactively communicating progress/updates with the rest of the team.
- Interacting with product and engineering stakeholders; articulating and resolving concerns about potential side effects of a feature.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with relative estimations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Previous experience working with early-stage startups
- Previous experience developing complex SaaS products
- Working with a distributed team
What We Offer:
Wonderschool provides the wage ranges it reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for all remote roles and as otherwise required by applicable law. The expected range of starting pay for this role is $170K - $190K. Actual compensation may vary within the listed range based on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, experience, and specific geographic location.
Additionally, Wonderschool offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Health benefits offer up to 100% coverage for employee premiums and up to 80% for dependents
- Wifi, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities