Senior Research & Design Strategist
Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable child care providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
Wonderschool is seeking a Senior Researcher & Design Strategist passionate about contributing to our mission and purpose by deeply understanding customer needs and crafting strategies to solve those needs . You will work closely with teams across Wonderschool to uncover and define new business opportunities as well as concept new ideas.
- Seek out new opportunities through understanding the market and partnering with the sales organization.
- Determine the best research approach whether it be discovery, market research, secondary research, customer interviews or site visits.
- Develop design concepts and prototypes with the design team that lead to crisp storytelling of ideas and an increase in business
- Partner with design leads, product and engineering to bring products to market as necessary
- Determine and operationalize a process to gather customer feedback and increase customer satisfaction
- Strong researcher in multiple methods
- Innovative mindset and first principles thinker
- Collaborative relationship builder across multiple disciplines
- Strong user centricity and ability to build empathy for our users and their challenges
- Comfortable presenting research output and design concepts to any audience
- Knows how to guide and give direction to other researchers and designers
- Ability to work and want in a fast paced environment with an eye toward speed to learn
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, small team environment
- Previous experience working with a distributed team
- Previous experience pitching work for new business
What We Offer:
Wonderschool provides the wage ranges it reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for all remote roles and as otherwise required by applicable law. The expected range of starting pay for this role is $160,000 - $170,000 annually. Actual compensation may vary within the listed range based on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, experience, and specific geographic location.
Additionally, Wonderschool offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Health benefits offer up to 100% coverage for employee premiums and up to 80% for dependents
- Wifi, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.