Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable child care providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
Wonderschool is seeking a Recruitment Specialist (located in Mississippi) who is passionate about contributing to our mission and purpose by successfully recruiting early childcare substitute teachers in Mississippi.
The lack of available substitutes for early childcare providers can create a crippling ripple effect: if substitutes are not available, fewer children can attend child care. If fewer children can attend child care, fewer parents can go to work. If fewer parents can go to work, jobs go unfulfilled, hurting the overall economy.
This will be a core role on a new, entrepreneurial team within Wonderschool that is launching a statewide early childcare substitute teacher platform to solve this problem.
- Consult with providers to understand the requirements of early child care substitutes
- Develop and execute a plan to recruit early child care substitutes across Mississippi
- Interview candidates and vet them for the position
- Help man hotline for interested candidates
- Ensure completion of background and reference checks for eligible candidates
- Support candidates with onboarding onto the hiring platform
- Must live in Mississippi and be willing and able to travel within the state
- Experience either recruiting or interviewing; preferably both
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Experience in early childhood education
- Experience as a substitute teacher (any grade)
What We Offer:
- Health benefits offer 100% coverage for employee premiums and 80% for dependents
- Wifi, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.