General Manager, FL
Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable child care providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
Wonderschool is seeking a General Manager who is passionate about contributing to our mission and purpose. The General Manager of Florida will lead a team to deliver a broad scope of work with existing and aspiring child care providers. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to strengthen and automate processes within our customer-facing teams. By collaborating with multiple stakeholders across Marketplace, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Data, Product, and Engineering, and other teams, you will help design a comprehensive solution that meets the needs of our large and diverse customer base. This role will give you extensive cross-functional partnership to identify best practices and lead improvement efforts.
Success in this role requires you to think strategically and innovate to enhance processes for a key partnership with Florida. The role requires a self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity, being both strategic and analytical in their support of this project. This is a role that will work regularly with internal and external partners as well as with senior leaders (VPs and Directors across the organization) and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. The General Manager will work through dependencies to establish and achieve key project milestones while leading a dedicated team.
- Be the trailblazer for our work in Florida; innovate, move quickly, and aspire to exceed expectations
- Lead Wonderschool’s local and remote teams to launch in a new region
- Manage contract deliverables and project planning with a growing scope and complexity.
- Represent Wonderschool at local events
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics related to child care industry
- Identify product needs and coordinate with product management to prioritize requests
- Help scale other regions by developing and sharing best practices
- Own regular updates, data tracking, communication, and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Build strong relationships and connections with the local and state partners
- Own project performance (profit & loss, project planning, actual vs. target KPIs, etc.)
- Location: Remote, with travel to Florida required up to 10%
- 8+ years of consulting, general management, or operations management experience
- Data-driven processes and analytical thinking
- Creative solutions-focused mindset and get-stuff-done mentality
- Ability to build authentic relationships with internal and external stakeholders and translate their needs into action plans.
- Ability to take initiative and produce results in a highly ambiguous environment.
- Proven track record of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Collaboration across technical and non-technical teams, sensitive to stakeholder and customer needs
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 10+ years experience, or 5+ years of experience with an MBA
- 5+ years of experience managing and building teams
- Proficient oral and written communication skills at the executive level
- Preference for FL resident, but not required.
What We Offer:
- Health benefits offer 100% coverage for employee premiums and 80% for dependents
- Wifi, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.