Senior Manager, Michigan
Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable child care providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
Wonderschool is seeking a Senior Manager who is passionate about contributing to our mission and purpose. The Senior Manager of Michigan will lead a team to deliver on a broad scope of work with existing and aspiring child care providers. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to strengthen and automate manual processes within our provider teams. By collaborating with multiple stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Finance, Data, Product, and Engineering, and other teams, you will help design a comprehensive solution that meets the needs of our large and diverse customer base. This role will give you extensive cross-functional partnership to identify best practices and lead improvement efforts.
Success in this role requires you to think strategically and innovate to enhance processes for a key partnership with Michigan. The role requires a self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity, being both strategic and analytical in their support of this project. This is a role that will work regularly with internal and external partners as well as with senior leaders (VPs and Directors across the organization) and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. The Senior Manager will work through dependencies to establish and achieve key project milestones while leading a dedicated team.
- Be the trailblazer for our work in Michigan; innovate, move quickly, and aspire to exceed expectations
- Forge strategic relationships with partners, leading and attending meetings and events as necessary, with the ability to influence adoption of innovative business practices
- Directly manage and mentor a team of 4-6 Program Managers to execute current and future projects
- Deliver a project with growing scope and complexity by defining and implementing KPIs
- Proactively communicate updates and changes to project scope, project schedule, and project cost to partners.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional partners to drive creative problem-solving and achieve key outcomes
- Develop fluency in our products to proactively spread awareness, adoption, and buy-in for our solutions
- Design, develop and maintain scalable and reliable analytical tools, dashboards, and metrics that drive key decisions and resource allocation
- Oversee development of best-in-class training and learning opportunities for providers
- 5+ years of experience in program management or client-facing roles
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery, defining and executing against goals, implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
- Ability to take initiative and produce results in a highly ambiguous environment
- High attention to detail including precise and effective leadership and customer communications, proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Collaboration across technical and non-technical teams, sensitive to stakeholder and customer needs, can develop trusting relationships
- An entrepreneurial and customer-centric approach to problem-solving
- 10+ years’ experience in program or project management, or 5+ years of experience with an MBA
- 5+ years experience managing and building teams
- Proficient oral and written communications skills at the executive level
- Experience using automation tools to scale
What We Offer:
- Health benefits offer 100% coverage for employee premiums and 80% for dependents
- Wifi, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.