Resident Project Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
VeeFriends is an intellectual property company founded through NFTs and Web3 technology. With an established community of token holders, VeeFriends is now expanding across different multimedia and experiences including animated skits, songs, video games, and an annual superconference “VeeCon”. VeeFriends was created by serial entrepreneur, and chairman of Vayner-X, Gary Vaynerchuk.
Consisting of 283 unique characters, and two “Series”, the VeeFriends universe was imagined and designed by Gary himself and aspires to promote characteristics and traits such as patience, kindness, and empathy to help the world to find happiness. Beyond the digital art which lives on the ethereum blockchain, all Series 1 tokens provide holders with admission to VeeCon, an annual super-conference that provides VeeFriends token-holders unprecedented access to some of the biggest names in Web3 and Popular culture.
Our team has built responsible and methodic growth to more than 40 full-time employees. With continued expansion planned in 2023, we’re recruiting for some new key roles - including a Resident Project Manager position within our Commerce team, reporting to our Senior Manager of Commerce.
NOTE: The Platform Strategy Producer Resident position is an entry-level three-month temporary residency that will work remotely. There is potential to go full-time immediately following the residency.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure deliverables are accomplished on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, execute and deliver projects in support of our Commercial initiatives - including brand partnerships, licensing, and direct-to-consumer product launches.
- Track project milestones and ensure project objectives are met.
- Provide regular project status updates to stakeholders and senior management.
- Identify project risks and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Report directly to the Senior Manager of Commerce with project planning, budgeting, and resource allocation on a daily basis.
- Assist with the preparation of project documentation, including project plans, schedules, and reports.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of project management processes and methodologies, within the commercial department, and cross-functionally company-wide.
What we’d love to see:
- Familiarity with Asana (or comparable project management systems like Monday, Trello, etc), Slack or Teams, and Google Suite.
- The sixth sense for spotting potential issues and a ninja-like ability to solve them before they become problems. You’ll be responsible for leading our projects from start to finish with stealth, agility, and precision. You’ll be the master of timelines, budgets, and scope creep, ensuring that our projects are delivered on time, on budget, and of the utmost quality.
- Proactive and coachable, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think critically while being solution-oriented.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment and has a strong sense of ownership.
- A positive attitude to help the team work together easier and get things done with less stress.
Optional but great to have: Understands the VeeFriends brand, IP, characters, and attributes.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed above. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness benefits
VeeFriends is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
See more open positions at veefriends.com
Something looks off?