Company & Role Overview
Our Client is looking to hire Lead Dispensary Associates whose duties will include greeting and welcoming patients, helping patients with product selection, adhering to policies and procedures, and ensuring a wonderful patient experience.
An outstanding applicant should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills in order to ensure that patients are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases.
About Vangst - Recruiting
Whether you're looking to break into the cannabis industry or continue growing your career, our Vangst recruiters can support your job search. Connect with our team, see what roles are available, and apply to work at the top cannabis companies.
Not seeing a role that fits your background? Connect with our recruiters to get notified of open positions they're working on.
Check out these resources to learn more.
- Providing a wonderful experience for the patient.
- Advising patients on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis.
- Keeping abreast of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends.
- Processing patient’s payments using the dispensary's Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensuring that the store is clean and well-organized at all times.
- Educating patients on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
- Correctly weighing, packaging, and labeling cannabis products, as required.
- Checking patient’s identification documents to verify that they are of legal age and hold the necessary credentials needed to enter the dispensary and purchase product.
- Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
- Maintaining compliance by following the proper policies and procedures set by the company and the state.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the retail space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Proven experience working as a Dispensary Associate (budtender) is preferred, but not required
- Ability to pass a background check and receive a facility agent card from the state
- Sound knowledge of cannabis strains and their medicinal benefits
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Work well with other team members
- High school diploma or GED