Post Harvest Technician - Pre Roll Production
Company & Role Overview
The Post-Harvest Technician for our Grand Rapids, MI facility will be responsible for working to complete post-harvest activities in an indoor grow facility. Additionally, the incumbent shall be responsible for activities related to harvesting, trimming, and any other handling of cannabis. The role requires a strong teamwork orientation.
- Occasional exposure to loud machines (ear protection provided) and extremely bright lights (eye protection provided).
- Occasional weekends or extended hours may be necessary during certain phases of plant production.
- Constant interaction with colleagues.
About Vangst - Recruiting
Whether you're looking to break into the cannabis industry or continue growing your career, our Vangst recruiters can support your job search. Connect with our team, see what roles are available, and apply to work at the top cannabis companies.
Not seeing a role that fits your background? Connect with our recruiters to get notified of open positions they're working on.
Check out these resources to learn more.
- While working in a team, keep the harvest area organized in order to facilitate production goals.
- Ensure efficient post-harvest processes including bucking, trimming, and other activities are executed.
- Collect all related non-resinous components to be weighed and recorded as aggregated waste per the associated harvest batch, after all plants designated to that specific harvest batch are harvested.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized harvest area to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure trimming properly accounts for all related plant components, including; trimmed leaf, trimmed flower, stems, and waste.
- Ensure accuracy and traceability of trimming data by carefully collecting all plant material into its designated container with the associated METRC plant tag, after each plant is trimmed.
- Perform weighing of plants or plant material during trimming and harvesting, as indicated by the SOP.
- Immediately report any issues or deviations from quality standards to the Post-Harvest Supervisor during all post-harvest processes.
- Weigh, audit, and record trimmed product weight prior to grinding Operate, clean, and maintain automated pre-roll machine.
- Audit finished goods pre-roll counts to work order.
- Hand-pack pre-rolls into tubes, and tubes into master cases.
- Sticker and label tubes and master cases.
- Maintain finished goods inventory.
- Package final material for Fulfillment Team to ship out to customers.
- Ensure adherence to safety by wearing the required Personal Protection
- Equipment (PPE) to prevent contamination and abide by personal hygiene standards.
- Working in a timely manner and striving to increase productivity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Post-Harvest Supervisor.
- Long periods of prolonged standing and sitting.
- Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity.
- Some crouching or holding uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time; repetitive motions.
- Requires bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- 1-3 years experience in cannabis production.
- Knowledge of plant strains, plant structure, and plant health.
- Knowledge of uses and benefits of cannabinoids.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- A combination of the above shall also be considered.
High school diploma required.