VP, Client Success
Updater has partnered with over 250 of the largest property management and real estate companies to help their clients and residents move into their new homes. To accelerate our expansion, we’re in search of a dynamic and visionary Client Success leader who can grow our client base and elevate our Success team, making this a crucial role within our organization.
Client Success at Updater encompasses three key functional areas: software implementation, account management, and client education. This role will be instrumental in leading and nurturing our Client Success team, setting strategic objectives, overseeing daily operations, and cultivating a high-performing team dedicated to exceeding client expectations.
Success in this role will require a strong organizational leader with a passion for creating a culture of excellence, accountability, and world class client service. You will play a pivotal role in shaping Updater's next wave of growth, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, particularly Sales and Product Management, to achieve key objectives.
As the Vice President of Client Success, you will report directly to the President and hold a seat on the division's senior leadership team.
About the role:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to design, develop, and execute a quarterly operating plan for the Client Success team, utilizing the OKR framework.
- Oversee the daily operations of the three core functional areas, closely monitor performance against targets, and make course corrections when necessary.
- Enhance and automate Success processes and playbooks to facilitate scalability.
- Cultivate strong relationships, trust, and satisfaction with senior client stakeholders.
- Advocate for client needs within the broader organization and, specifically, with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure client challenges are understood and addressed.
- Partner with Sales leadership to facilitate seamless hand-offs and collaborate on tailored sales strategies to expand and deepen client relationships.
- Work closely with and direct Client Success Managers (CSMs) to drive high client satisfaction and execute growth plans.
- Provide coaching, performance feedback, and clear career development paths for all Success team members.
- Lead the recruitment of top talent, working with the Talent Team to provide an exceptional candidate experience throughout the hiring process.
- Collaborate with the Finance and Data teams to develop and manage performance dashboards, leveraging data analysis to drive team performance and achieve business results.
- Provide candid feedback to executive leadership regarding performance trends, team dynamics, and other critical business matters.
- Evangelize client success stories, champion star performers, and celebrate team wins.
- 15 years of client success management experience, with a proven success in recruiting, developing, and managing high-performing teams that consistently achieve results.
- Possess a natural "driver" personality, combining direct, practical, organized, and decisive attributes with a client-focused, empathetic approach that anticipates and meets client needs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, capable of articulating complex ideas clearly and effectively.
- Ability to develop strategic plans and translate them into day-to-day execution, ensuring alignment with broader company objectives.
- Highly proficient in data analysis, with a knack for formulating data-driven recommendations to enhance team performance and deliver business outcomes.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience at early stage SaaS tech companies
- Experience leading client success for B2B2C products
- Sales management experience
- Experience in the multifamily and/or real estate industry
- Familiarity with Gainsight and Salesforce
Updater makes moving easier for the 12 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $450 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, Vista Credit Partners, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater has ranked on Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC in 2016, 2018, & 2021. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.