Head of Sales, North America
Do you get chills walking into NBC’s studios? Does spending the day in Bristol with the ESPN video, data and editorial teams sound fun? Do you want to lead a team that works daily with the leading executives at media companies to help develop their future-forward strategies?
Chartbeat and Tubular are two of the most impactful products in media today, offering unparalleled access to content insights for 1,000 media companies including the New York Times, Disney, and the BBC. Our products give insight to media leaders on how their content is being consumed across websites, apps, YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok.
We are looking for a Head of Sales for North America to lead our North American sales team for Chartbeat and Tubular Labs to drive continued market leadership for both products in partnership with our Chief Revenue Officer and key Revenue Leadership and Executive stakeholders.
Summary of the Role
The Sales team at Chartbeat and Tubular Labs reports to our Chief Revenue Officer.
The North American Head of Sales will lead a team that sells Tubular Labs and Chartbeat products into customers located throughout North America. They will build and operate an organization that consistently improves our market share and revenue in the US and Canada and develops the careers of our excellent team along the way.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee efforts to exceed annual and quarterly company new revenue targets in North America.
- Organize and align the sales team in North America to ensure optimal coverage to drive market share for both Chartbeat’s and Tubular Labs’ suite of best-in-class products.
- Partner with the Revenue Leadership team to support sales of both products by hiring, promoting, training, and coaching salespeople in enterprise SAAS sales best practices.
- Ensure your team understands and anticipates customer/prospect business goals and KPIs to best align and customize our approach and commercial offering to their needs
- Oversee enterprise sales pricing, pitching and proposal generation, including client-facing memos (a key component of Chartbeat and Tubular’s GTM), work orders, trial management, RFPs and other client-facing materials as needed
- Take the lead with your own and your team’s proactive repeated outreach to key prospects in the US and Canada -personally drive outbound AND inbound response efforts.,
- Lead weekly 1-1 and team coaching sessions with salespeople in North America.
- Maintain a consistent and proactive forecasting cadence, including a very high standard for pipeline hygiene; represent your team’s results in weekly forecast calls.
- Align with Rev Ops to design sales compensation, quotas and other incentives
- Maximize sales team member retention and team satisfaction by being an excellent coach and leader. Own onboarding, training and the development of career development scorecards for all members of your team.
- Travel as needed to represent Chartbeat at client meetings and conferences worldwide
- 7+ years of Sales Leadership experience with specific expertise driving the outcomes above
- 5 years of experience of Sales Leadership in SaaS
- 3 years of experience working with Media Clients, understanding of roles and responsibilities of media organizations
- Proven experience with your own pipeline management and sales forecasting
- Experience using modern sales management tools (Salesforce, Mixmax, Gong, Sales Navigator, LeadIQ, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to preserve and lead through ambiguity
- Demonstrated bias toward action
- Demonstrated leadership with consultative selling, objection-handling and customer-oriented demo skills focused on large complex organizations, preferably in support of SAAS, cloud, media, marketing or web-analytics platforms
- Ability to work independently and to effectively handle numerous and often simultaneous priorities and proactively help your team with prospects at all stage of the sales funnel
- Excellent written, persuasive speaking, demoing and contract negotiation skills
- The highest standard of professionalism, ethics, and kindness
- Must be based in the United States and eligible to work in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer our team members a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match (100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2%)
- Fully Paid Parental Leave - 18 weeks for birthing parents, 12 weeks for non-birthing parents
- $100/month phone and internet stipend
- $50/month book and wellness reimbursement
- $250/year lifelong learning and development reimbursement
- $100/month coworking space reimbursement
- $300 stipend for home office setup
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid holidays and December holiday closure
- Company-wide outings
The pay range for this position is: $180,000 - $200,000 per year with variable compensation. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable law.