Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
Here at Transfix, we are not only building incredible technology to help solve some of the world’s biggest, most complex, and most important challenges in the freight and logistics industry; We are also helping protect our environment and are passionate about making the world a better place by increasing sustainability and eliminating the extreme amount of waste that currently exists in our industry.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Transfix works with some of the largest Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021 and 2022 and Great Place to Work Certified in 2022-2023, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
Transfix’s Atlanta office is thriving, and as we grow, we’re looking for a Part-Time Office Coordinator (up to 20 Hours Per week) to oversee the daily operations in our Atlanta office. In this role, you will represent Transfix as the first face our new employees and visitors see. You will manage and support a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks, ensuring that the office operations from pantry services to office events run smoothly.
If you are currently an office coordinator or in the service industry, have an eye for customer service, strong organizational skills, are detail-oriented, an excellent communicator, and enjoy working on a range of projects, please keep reading!
In this Role You Will:
- Maintain and manage employee seating chart and document open desk vacancies for new hires
- Track and stock office supplies as needed, ensuring deliveries are correct and timely
- Support vendor management, supply tracking, shipment and delivery process, and other processes in our Atlanta (ATL) office
- Partner with our People and Workplace teams to help us continue to build and strengthen our ATL office culture, increase employee engagement, and drive employee happiness
- Help with creating and managing virtual, hybrid, and in-person events and activities for employees working onsite and remotely, using G-suite, Slack, and other platforms
- Partner with our NYC office team to ensure cohesive consistency in culture within the NYC and ATL offices
- Monitor and respond to tickets and requests via the Jira ticketing system to support any ad hoc requests put in by employees, whether handling requests directly or escalating to the proper parties as required
- Welcome for new hires coming onsite to the ATL office on their first day in the office
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role If:
- You have 1+ years of experience in an office management, administrative, and/or workplace role
- You are proficient with Google suite products (email, calendar, sheets, docs) and pick up new technology quickly
- You are a strong communicator; you genuinely enjoy supporting people to succeed and love seeing people have fun and feel engaged and connected at work
- You enjoy building relationships and thrive in a collaborative environment
- You are super adaptable and can adjust to a constantly changing environment
- You are detail-oriented and are always looking for opportunities to improve processes
- You enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously; you’re able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- You are entrepreneurial by nature; you’re always thinking 10 steps ahead when working on projects
- You have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Are you concerned that you don't meet every job requirement? Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification, and we know that companies that welcome diversity are 170% more innovative. At Transfix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply! You may be more aligned than you think for this role, or a great fit for other roles here.
Transfix is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our hiring, programming, and in our work both internally and externally. We recognize how critical diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are to achieving our mission, our growth, and our success. In support of this commitment, some of our focuses include (but are not limited to):
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice
Transfix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Transfix are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. It is Transfix’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. Transfix does not and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Transfix encourages applicants of all ages.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.