Director of Sales
Thrive is a leading behavior change technology company founded by Arianna Huffington in 2016 with the mission to end the stress and burnout epidemic. Thrive helps individuals and organizations improve well-being, performance and mental resilience with its AI-powered behavior change technology platform. Thrive’s Microsteps – small, science-backed steps to improve health and productivity – have been adopted by employees at more than 125 organizations in over 140 countries, from frontline and call center workers to executives at multinational companies.
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and isn’t afraid to experiment but fail quickly.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and has high energy to get work done.
- Someone who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet goals and client expectations.
- An individual who is maniacally curious towards the customer, the persona we are selling too, the solution and its benefits.
- A leader with exceptional passion whom inspires and motivates their teams and candidates.
- A person of empathy for customers business issues but also their account teams.
- Someone with a passion for changing the way people work and live with demonstrated interest in topics like well-being, productivity, neuroscience, behavioral sciences, and performance.
- Someone who loves working with partners, cross-functional partners in the industry, teams inside of Thrive, and customers.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Hire and retain a high performing sales team- focused on the mission of Thrive.
- Serve as the day to day coach to our direct sales team, partnering with each Account Executive to manage their deals from one stage to the next through closure
- Strategically approach the C-Suite of Fortune 2000 companies and sell the entirety of Thrive’s behavior change solutions.
- Identify potential client opportunities from outbound activity and contacts to generate new business with multi-million dollar proposals.
- Structure and manage complex negotiations to successfully close, deliver and develop long-term client relationships.
- BA / BS or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of Sales experience with 2+ years of Sales management experience
- Strong time management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience with presentation software (Google Slides, Powerpoint, Keynote) and ability to synthesize messages to powerful narratives.
- Experience with HR SaaS and/or consulting services
- Knowledge and experience with sales and marketing tech stack including SFDC, Gong, Drift, Vidyo, etc
What We Offer:
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
Thrive is deeply committed to creating a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment so that all employees can bring their whole selves to work.
Thrive is proud to ensure equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Thrive is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Thrive’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Compensation for this role will be a mix of base, variable, and equity and will likely fall in the 165-185 base range.