Site Coordinator/Merchandising Assistant
The Black Tux
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
The Merchandising Assistant/Coordinator plays a vital role in supporting the Merchandising team by facilitating the planning, coordination, and execution of product merchandising strategies. This position will be collaborative; working cross-functionally with various departments, vendors, and stakeholders to ensure a seamless flow of products from conception to customer. Reporting to our Senior Vice President of Merchandising, this person will be integral in the merchandise development at The Black Tux.
This position is fully remote; however, candidates should reside in San Francisco Bay Area as periodic in-person meetings will be required to review samples and merchandise materials.
What You'll Do
- Manage site merchandising including product/collection maintenance; identify opportunities to re-merchandise site to drive revenue
- Assist in the development of merchandising strategies and plans in alignment with overall business goals
- Collaborate with the Head of Merchandising to analyze sales trends, customer preferences, and historical data to make informed decisions
- Work closely with internal & external partners to coordinate product procurement, ensuring timely delivery and optimal inventory levels
- Partner with planning to manage style creation, monitor stock levels, identify slow-moving items, and propose actions to mitigate excess inventory or stockouts
- Collaborate with the marketing and creative teams to ensure consistency in brand presentation across all channels
- Generate reports and presentations summarizing key metrics and performance indicators
- Monitor competitor pricing and promotions to assess market competitiveness
- Maintain accurate documentation of product information, pricing, and inventory levels
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 1 to 3 years of related work experience in eCommerce, Merchandising, and/or Project Management
- Experience with Shopify required
- You are organized, a great communicator, and love to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with business intelligence systems (Tableau)
- You have a keen eye for merchandising and site styling
- Flexible team player while also an expert self-starter
Perks & Benefits at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Equity in the company with employee stock options to have a stake in the company
- Our Health, dental, and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay, and culture reflect this in every decision we make.
We're an equal-opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.
There has been a wave of recruitment scams happening across our industry so here are some things to keep an eye out for: during our interview process we will never ask candidates for money, send unsolicited job offers or employee contracts, ask for sensitive personal information, require any fees or access to any financial accounts, conduct text-only interviews, or hold interviews on social media platforms or online chats. We're including a link on job scams and how to avoid them from the Federal Trade Commission for anyone who would like to learn more.