Chicago, Retail Showroom Associate - Part Time
The Black Tux
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time. We started as e-commerce and we’ve taken our tuxes to the streets!
We’re looking for a Part Time Showroom Associate to join our growing team. The Showroom Associate plays an integral role in supporting the foundation for our showroom business. Being the face of The Black Tux, associates have an immediate and direct impact on the success of the business. Our showroom associates not only provide an exceptional fitting appointment for formalwear and wedding bands, they also assist customers through various stages of their event life cycle. From look conception to fruition; aiding in styling, event setup and checkout.
What You'll Do
- Work with our first-class team to provide amazing customer service in our retail showroom
- Provide customers with in depth fit consultations to ensure they look and feel their best
- Demonstrate extraordinary product knowledge and determine the customer’s needs to be able to give expert style advice
- Focus on communicating The Black Tux values and brand philosophy to new and returning customers
- Contribute innovative ideas to reinvent the showroom experience for our customers
- Demonstrate personal accountability to achieve your showroom goals
Who You Are
- You're excited to work in a dynamic, high-growth startup environment
- You're experienced with customers and motivated to help them through the rental process from start to finish
- You love being organized and have an eye for the details
- You place high value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about fashion, high energy, and eager to learn
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask
- You are tech-savvy and know your way around basic computer systems
- Have a flexible schedule and able to work dependent on the business needs
- Ability to walk briskly and be on your feet for many hours a day
- Sense of urgency - fast paced environment
- Experience using Apple products
Perks and Benefits
- Free Friday Lunches
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Paid Holidays: 9 company paid and closed showroom holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, NYE and Day for example). Our store takes appointments and doesn’t do Black Friday sale, thus no adjustment to hours on this day.
- Paid parking and public transportation
- Employee events
- D&I at TBT. We care deeply about making our workplace an inclusive workplace. Participate in employee led groups.
- Discount suit rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.
In compliance with the OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard, COVID-19 proof of vaccination is required for on-site employees as a condition of employment.