Chicago, Retail Showroom Associate - Part Time
The Black Tux
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
The Black Tux is reinventing the formal-wear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time. We started as e-commerce and we’ve taken our tuxes to the streets!
We’re looking for a seasonal Showroom Associate to join our growing team. The Retail Associate plays an integral role in supporting the foundation for our showroom business. Being the face of The Black Tux, associates have an immediate and direct impact on the success of the business. Our retail associates not only provide an exceptional fitting appointment, they also assist customers through various stages of their event life cycle. From look conception to fruition; aiding in styling, event setup and checkout.
This is a seasonal part-time, hourly position that will be from now until September 2023.
You must be available to work at minimum 4 days a week, including full availability on two weekend days.
What You'll Do
- Work with our first-class team to provide amazing customer service in our retail showroom
- Provide customers with in depth fit consultations to ensure they look and feel their best
- Demonstrate extraordinary product knowledge and determine the customer’s needs to be able to give expert style advice
- Focus on communicating The Black Tux values and brand philosophy to new and returning customers
- Contribute innovative ideas to reinvent the showroom experience for our customers
- Demonstrate personal accountability to achieve your showroom goals
Who You Are
- You're excited to work in a dynamic, high-growth startup environment
- You're experienced with customers and motivated to help them through the rental process from start to finish
- You love being organized and have an eye for the details
- You place high value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about fashion, high energy, and eager to learn
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask
- You are tech-savvy and know your way around basic computer systems
- Have a flexible schedule and able to work dependent on the business needs
- Ability to walk briskly and be on your feet for many hours a day
- Sense of urgency - fast paced environment
- Experience using Apple products
Perks and Benefits
- Free Weekly Lunch
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Paid time and a half for company recognized holidays (i.e.Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, & New Year’s Day). Our store takes appointments and doesn’t do Black Friday sales, thus no adjustment to hours on this day.
- TBT sponsored employee and D&I events
- Discount suit rentals