SVP of Finance: Planning, Forecasting & Reporting
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are seeking an experienced leader to fill the role of VP of Finance. Reporting directly to our Chief Finance Officer, this position plays a critical role in driving our financial planning, reporting, and business development initiatives.
We are looking for an individual who is not only skilled in finance but also shares our dedication to creating a meaningful impact in the "for-purpose" space. At Talkspace, we are passionate about our work, and we are eager to partner with someone who can help us advance our mission of making quality mental healthcare accessible to all.
This role is hybrid and will require in-person work at our NYC office ~2 days a week.
What You’ll Do:
Financial Planning, Forecasting, and Reporting:
- Drive financial performance across the business, responsible for all financial leadership elements including financial planning, reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and customer and business partnering finance (valuations, pricing etc.).
- Lead strategic financial plans, balancing both long-term objectives and day-to-day operational needs.
- Prepare robust monthly financial reports, complete with insightful analytics to guide internal decision-making processes, in close collaboration with the data science team.
- Lead the annual business plan, forecasting, and budget management, enabling the company to achieve its growth and profitability goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to oversee and quality-assure complex financial models.
- Work with data science to deliver insights to optimize resource allocation and forecasting.
Strategic Financial Leadership:
- Manage work flow of board materials, investor decks, and quarterly reports, utilizing data visualizations and business intelligence to enhance the quality and impact of financial presentations.
- Drive business development strategies that align with the company's financial goals and objectives while collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify growth opportunities.
Talent Development and Leadership:
- Lead, nurture, and grow a high-performing finance team, emphasizing the development of agile and strategic financial experts.
- Refine OPEX discipline, ensuring optimized resource allocation and meeting financial targets set by the Executive Team.
- Partner with functional leaders across the organization to align business needs with overarching financial objectives.
- Contribute to and assist in the preparation of board materials, investor decks, and quarterly reports.
Handle other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Finance Officer.
- 8+ years of progressive financial leadership experience, with a focus on financial planning, reporting, and business development.
- Strong financial acumen, encompassing financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, modeling, and familiarity with financial software and tools, including advanced mastery of Excel and Google Sheets
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Based in the New York City Metropolitan Area
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA
- 401k Retirement Savings Program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits including disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend to promote mental and physical self-care
- Flexible PTO and Remote First Environment
- Regular team events, including Wellness Workshops and Team Building Events
- Free access to Talkspace products for you and one household member, as well as access to a friends and family discount!
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The base salary range for this role is between $180,000 and $220,000. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the most comprehensive and convenient way to take care of your mental health and wellness, focused on providing quality mental health services on your own terms.
Our signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can connect their dedicated provider via live video, text, or phone.
Backed by over 10 years of industry-leading research and clinically proven results, our accessible care model continues to make huge strides in lowering the barriers to quality mental healthcare services nationwide. Talkspace is the top insurance-covered therapy service with over 112 million Americans covered and a leader within the Corporate Wellness Space, with more than 200 employer partnerships across several industries.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How do we define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Talkspace?
Diversity encompasses the unique attributes of our employees as individuals. We value and embrace the richness arising from their varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which include, but are not limited to, age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, and cultural background.
Equity refers to a fair and impartial workplace, aiming to ensure equal growth and advancement opportunities for all employees. This involves amplifying underrepresented voices, addressing unconscious biases, and providing inclusive, culturally competent mental health care.
Inclusion signifies the practice of granting equal access to opportunities and resources for all employees, particularly those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized. It ensures that everyone feels a sense of belonging, value, support, and respect as an individual.
Belonging reflects the affinity and positive relationships that develop among employees from diverse backgrounds when businesses actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.