New York City, Nolita, Part-Time Sales Associate
Studs is a category-defining ear piercing and earring brand named one of “the 10 most innovative companies in retail for 2023” by Fast Company. Studs connects ear piercing with aftercare and earring shopping to create an end-to-end Earscaping® experience. We offer a better retail and digital experience that prioritizes safety and expertise in a cool, fun and welcoming environment, along with a wide earring assortment—all at an accessible price point.
Based in our NYC Nolita location, the Sales Associate will report to the Studio Manager. You will be the ultimate ambassador of the brand by building and driving every aspect of the client’s experience in our Studio.
Hourly Rate: $20/hour
- Embodies our performance-oriented culture by meeting and exceeding expectations and targets
- Becomes an expert on the Studs’ experience including expansive knowledge of our product and piercing experience
- Serves as a brand ambassador: welcomes and educates clients to the unique Studs’ piercing and shopping experience through our selling cycle
- Acts as an Earscaper through one-on-one interaction in the Studio, with a focus on exceptional service and styling
- Leverages Studs’ policies and resources in decision making
- Understands when to take action and when to escalate to the Studio Manager
- Maintains operational procedures impacting the Studio experience including appointment flow and scheduling, POS accuracy, and compliance
- Aids in directive execution to successfully meet deadlines
- Aligns to company policies and standard operating procedures
- Admits mistakes and is not afraid to escalate when help is needed
- Lives out our Core Values
- Shows consistency by providing best in class service to everyone in the Studio
- Provides solutions-oriented feedback and is open-minded to receiving it
- 8-27 hours per week, you must be available for four shifts including weekdays and weekends
- Comfortable standing for extended periods of time up to 8+ hours
- Able to lift, carry, and move at least 20 lbs
- Must be able to handle chemicals safely
- Driven, creative problem solver that consistently acts with integrity and speaks up
- Owner’s mindset, with the ability to approach feedback and problems with a positive attitude.
Part-Time Benefits & Perks
- 7 days accrued Sick Time
- Three months of paid Parental Leave (biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible)
- A paid sabbatical after four years of full-time service
- Exclusive employee piercing and jewelry discounts (plus discounts for friends and family)
- Quarterly learning and development opportunities to support development and foster an inclusive culture
Studs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status. We comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which we operate. If you require an accommodation for the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.