Studs is a category-defining ear piercing and earring brand named one of “the 10 most innovative companies in retail for 2023” by Fast Company. Studs connects ear piercing with aftercare and earring shopping to create an end-to-end Earscaping® experience. We offer a better retail and digital experience that prioritizes safety and expertise in a cool, fun and welcoming environment, along with a wide earring assortment—all at an accessible price point.
Based in New York, NY, the Coordinator, Facilities will report to the SVP of Retail Development and will oversee all studios and HQ facilities. This role will collaborate closely with internal partners (Real Estate, Design, Construction, FP&A, HR, Retail, Operations) and external partners (landlords, law firms, insurance providers, architects, engineers, GC’s & Subcontractors) and will manage projects from refreshes, remodels, preventative maintenance, and demand maintenance along with all process management including scope definition, budgeting + scheduling, and closeout.
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000
- Works with the Store Development; Retail Operations and Expansion teams to assist in the execution of the store maintenance program
- Enters project data and uploads data files into the central work order management system; Service Channel database
- Facilitates all phases of the store maintenance process including coordination, budgeting, scheduling, system maintenance, troubleshooting, closeout, etc.
- Weekly work order review and reporting including communication escalations; scheduling work related to all maintenance projects.
- Acts as a designated system Champion for the Service Channel platform. (Provides support, training and system maintenance as needed).
- Issues and tracks GC Work authorizations and follows up to ensure project photos and status updates are uploaded into the project management system.
- Works with PMs to follow up on punch list items and ensure timely completion
- Maintains communication with business partners regarding progress
- Manage all store warranty issues one year post-opening
- Maintains all existing Studio documentation for the Development team
- Supports finance and project managers on project reconciliation and closeout process
- Maintains and issues construction calendars and reports for Refresh / Remodel / Special Projects and Preventative Maintenance initiatives
- Conduct miscellaneous administrative tasks
- 3+ years of experience
- Skilled at multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Communicate with leadership team regarding the requirements and improvement of retail stores
- Promote company culture through best in class maintenance practices and processes within the retail environment
- Manage service, warranty and preventative maintenance contracts for all external vendors (HVAC, Fire Alarm system/monitoring, etc.)
- Daily oversight of facilities budgets and spending and monthly reporting of expenses and open to spend
- Serve as point of contact with Landlords as necessary once spaces are open and occupied by Studs employees
- Support the Retail and Operations teams and respond to all facilities requests to ensure the positive brand experience in all stores
- Schedule, dispatch and coordinate vendors with on-site manager in response to retail facilities requests
- Budget and track facilities and maintenance initiatives
- Assist in forecasting budgets and anticipating retail preemptive maintenance repairs
- Experience with Service Channel required
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including consistent follow up on all issues
- Skilled at working with Google workspace, Slack
- Driven, creative problem solver that consistently acts with integrity and speaks up
- Owner’s mindset, with the ability to approach feedback and problems with a positive attitude.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 401k
- Flexible Work Environment (3 days in office, 2 days work from home)
- 4 weeks accrued Paid Time Off, 7 days accrued Sick Time, 11 paid holidays, and 4 Quarterly Wellness Days (where the whole team takes time off together to recharge)
- Three months of paid Parental Leave (biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible)
- A paid sabbatical after four years of full-time service
- Exclusive employee piercing and jewelry discounts (plus discounts for friends and family)