Senior Product Designer
Splash’s mission is to develop the most innovative event technology to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences. From simplifying event creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
What we're looking for 🔎
As a Senior Product Designer you will be a key player in setting the vision for easy to use, self-service event marketing products and making artist-quality tools intuitive for everyone. You will drive innovation at Splash by crafting new AI experiences that enhance the journey of event marketers both during and after their events. You’ll be a tight partner with a multidisciplinary product and engineering team as well as a member of the product design and research team who work together to delight our customers and bring impactful, delightful, end-to-end experiences to the Splash products. You will also be a strong advocate and facilitator for design thinking and accessibility, and will bring your knowledge and practices to the greater Splash organization in order to help ensure quality across the Splash product suite.
In this role you'll get to...
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle.
- Work with cross-functional teams. You'll partner closely with engineering and product to find and validate elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Structure thoughts and provide guidance to larger groups - especially when communicating your work.
- Be autonomous, yet collaborative. We have a lot of simultaneous initiatives where your team mates may be solving something adjacent or overlapping with your work.
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and receive feedback from other designers to make your work stronger
- Be an advocate for design thinking through facilitating white-boarding sessions, user research, design studios and design sprints.
- Think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision.
- Contribute to our new design system and its processes, providing guidance on design best practices and accessibility requirements.
- Working together to coach, mentor, and grow newer designers.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have...
- 5+ years of experience in UX design, visual design, or other applicable design experience with a solid understanding of design process, best practices, and a rich portfolio of design work that goes beyond simple websites and mobile apps.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in User Experience related field (UX design, HCI, HCDE, graphic design, etc.).
- Deep respect for product design systems and brand design systems and the ability to work within them.
- Some familiarity with the Figma API, and Storybook. We use both heavily for our product (Atomic Design guided) design system.
- Experience with user research including heuristic evaluation, journey mapping, storyboarding, and persona development. As well as surveys, interviews, and usability testing.
- A strong product sense and a passion for building things that are both beautiful and functional.
- You believe in outcomes over output and understand the the tactics required to differentiate between the two.
- You are a life-long learner. Finding and sharing new design tools and processes, new technical areas, and better ways to get things done.
Not a dealbreaker, but it'd be great if you have....
- Experience designing and have built creative tool interfaces
- Experience working on marketing, entertainment or content management solutions.
About Splash Product Design
The Splash Product Design team believes in outcomes over output and understand the tactics to differentiate between the two. We have an insatiable appetite for learning and the team loves to share new design tools/processes, new technical areas, and better ways to get things done. We collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers like they are also designers who just use different software!
What we offer and other fun stuff!
We’re taking a new and improved approach to compensation and the way we #takecare of our Splashers. An approach that makes a lot more sense in this remote world we live in and looking toward the future of work. You can read more here. In a nutshell, we offer…
- 💰 Competitive base salary and stock options. Our success is your success 📈
- 💻 Brand new MacBook Pro / Linux and monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- 🏥 Great healthcare benefits, with paid coverage for you and your family
- 🌴 Unlimited vacation days, with Splash-specific days off and 2 extra Mental Escape (M.E.) days per month to unplug from work
- 🗺 Remote first organization
- A bunch of other great perks/benefits that would make this description too long if we included it 😉
It doesn’t stop there! Although we’re a remote company, we understand the importance of in-person connection. 🛫 We have a yearly company offsite (pending it being safe health-wise) and fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
If you’re interested in joining the team, apply below and you can expect to hear from us soon 🙂. Please give us at least 2 weeks to get back to you. We promise we’re not ignoring you, playing Pokemon all day, or listening to the new J. Cole album on repeat (even though it’s 💯). It just takes a little TLC to go through all the applications and see if there’s a possible fit for you here.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you are looking for, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay and make sure there’s fair pay among those you’ll be working with. The base compensation amount for this role is targeted at $160,000-$180,000 CAD. In addition to your cash compensation, every full-time employee will be able to participate in our employee equity program. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above. What we can’t quantify for you are all the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Please click here to gain invaluable insights from our Splash Culture Book.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].