Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- Understanding the market’s needs and wants:
- Identify opportunities in the gaming market, including underserved audience segments or fast follow trends worth pursuing.
- In depth discussions with the team:
- Building a shared vision with all departments and creating product plans and roadmaps by working with senior management.
- Engage closely with the Engineering team and Game Design teams to determine the best technical and design prioritization and implementation.
- Building of product:
- Work w/ TPM to plan production timeline and ensure delivery on-time with quality.
- Run playtest process to identify areas of improvement in the game.
- Ensuring all is in compliance with federal and regional regulations.
- Being able to tell a story with partnership announcements, quotes for press and any other external marketing.
- Product Launch:
- Ensure good performance of game(s) out of the gate.
- Assist with general marketing activities and strategies as requested/appropriate.
- Understanding the discrepancy between the desired and achieved degree of change in metrics and communicating it back to the team.
- Live Ops:
- Relentlessly analyze game metrics and user feedback to determine game improvements.
- Determine product changes and/or liveops required to optimize retention, session time, and LTV.
- Identify which user acquisitions methods, including which distribution platforms, are yielding best results.
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users.
- Bachelor's degree (BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred).
- Minimum 5+ years of Product Management with consumer facing application/product.
- Experience working with cross-functional (e.g. Engineering, UX/UI, Program Management, Business etc.) teams.
- Track record of successful product launches in gaming, particularly the UGC or casual gaming spaces.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills; and an eye for detail with a passion for innovative user interface design.
- Leadership experience with early/mid-stage companies or high-growth divisions within larger organizations.
- Strong understanding of data analytics and analysis; ability to absorb and process information into actionable insights.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle such as product vision, go-to-market strategy, product roadmap and prioritization development, and product launch.
Positions are full-time and include a competitive salary, benefits, and equity stake in the company. Positions are based in New York, San Francisco, or remote (US-friendly timezone).