Unity 3D Engineer (NYC, SF, Remote)
Who We Are
Spatial is a venture-backed VR and web platform for creating one-click NFT galleries and exhibitions that bring people together. As a metaverse for culture, we offer the most beautiful and accessible platform, where creators, collectors, and brands can host an immersive experience for members of their community.
Spatial was selected as one of the most innovative companies by FastCompany in 2021. We were on the keynote stage with Microsoft’s CEO twice in 2019 and were recently featured in The Wall Street Journal, Wired, The Verge, Hypebeast and Input. We are grateful to have raised funding from leading investors including the founders of Instagram and Uber, and have deep partnerships with leaders in the space, including OpenSea, SuperRare, the Hermitage, the Utah Jazz, WhaleDao, and more.
We are a passionate team of 3D Design and AR/VR experts based in New York and San Francisco, and are currently hiring.
- Prototype and build next generation AR/VR/Web products in Unity3D/C#
- Work closely with the design and product team to concept and iterate on product ideas
- Build with the latest mixed reality hardware (Quest, HoloLens, SteamVR, Vive, ...)
- 3D graphics programming experience with Unity, OpenGL, DirectX or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++/C#/Objective C or Java
- Amazing attention to detail, self-motivated and collaborative
- Passion for creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experiences
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
Bonus Requirements (You will do well if you cover some or all of these)
- Deep knowledge of Unity3D and C#
- Experience with React, and/or React Native, and/or web development
- Augmented or Virtual Reality development experience
- Experience with Kinect, Leap Motion, Gesture recognition
- Simulated physics: cloth, springs, gravity flocking, particle systems experience
- Understanding of computer vision algorithms, spatial mapping, shaders
- Strong generalist/hacker spirit who tinkers with various emerging technologies
Please send resumes and links to past work. Positions are full-time, based in New York City or San Francisco and include a competitive salary, benefits and an equity stake in the company.