Membership Sales Advisor
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2023 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
What you’ll do
- Engage with potential members via phone, establishing rapport and building lasting relationships;
- Receive 20-30 inbound calls per day
- Conduct 20+ of outbound sales call each day
- Achieve individual sales, renewal, and service goals through membership sales
- Contribute to the development and refinement of processes aimed at improving member conversion and retention
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of our membership, services, and perks;
- Support the onboarding of new members, serving as a primary point of contact
- Assist potential and current members in understanding and utilizing the services and perks available at Small Door
- Leverage your knowledge of Small Door to craft personalized member experiences
- Embody and uphold Small Door’s mission of delivering extraordinary care in every interaction with members, patients, and colleagues.
Who you are
- 2+ years experience working in sales, business development and/or cold calling
- Experience with a call-center or remote customer service role in a D2C company is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially over the phone
- Self-motivated, team player, attention to detail, and customer service oriented
- Ability to connect with others, exudes empathy and compassion
- Passionate about our mission
- Proficient in computer skills and technology
- Startup experience is a bonus
What you'll get
- Competitive compensation and commission
- Health, dental + vision insurance and other benefits
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.