Veterinarian | Float
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2023 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
Doctors at Small Door are part of a supportive and collaborative network invested in their growth. With 30-60 minute appointments, dedicated administrative time daily, skilled veterinary nurses assisting with callbacks and much more, Small Door is proud to be a sustainable place to work and thrive. We’re also the only Certified B-Corp General Practice Veterinary Company in the country.
Our NYC Float Veterinarian will work three 10-hour days per week, traveling amongst our five (and growing) NYC practices, and will report directly to our Regional Medical Director, Dr. Robert Gonzalez.
What you’ll do
- Deliver superior client experience and best-in-class medicine via Small Door's framework and medical protocols throughout our NYC practices
- Diagnose and treat pets with illnesses and injuries
- Keep detailed digital records and diligent client communication
- Administer core vaccinations and counsel clients in preventative medicine
Who you are
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent with an active NYS license and a federal DEA license or ability to receive one (USDA accreditation is a plus)
- Professional approach, excellent interpersonal skills, strong communicator, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the code of ethics
- Thrives in team-oriented environment
- Has a ‘glass half full’ attitude and a sense of humor!
- Comfortable working in our five NYC practices (Manhattan and Brooklyn) and receiving your schedule every two weeks
What you'll get
- Competitive salary (including a travel bonus)
- Performance bonus potential (12% of your annual salary)
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- 401K (plus company match)
- We never ask doctors to sign non-competes
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Generous paid-time off, parental leave, and company holidays
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized gym membership
- Costs covered for license renewal and liability insurance fees, along with dues covered for AVMA and VetGirl memberships, and subscriptions for VIN and Plumbs Pro
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.