Veterinarian | Part-Time
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2023 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
Who you are
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent with an active license in New York
- Professional approach, excellent interpersonal skills, strong communicator, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the code of ethics
- Thrives in team-oriented environment
- Has a ‘glass half full’ attitude and a sense of humor
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- 401K (plus 4% company match)
- PTO, 2 weeks
- CE allowance (2 days, $1,500)
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- CitiBike membership
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- Costs covered for license renewal and liability insurance fees, along with dues covered for AVMA and VetGirl memberships, and subscriptions for VIN and Plumbs Pro
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.