Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2023 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
Small Door is searching for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join our growing Growth and Marketing team. We’re looking for an analytical marketer with 3+ years of experience in driving outcomes using owned communications. You will own the strategy and execution of our email, SMS, and in-app notifications to maximize customer acquisition and retention.
What you’ll do
- Identify and implement opportunities across acquisition and retention including: capturing and converting leads into members, increasing revenue per member, reducing churn, and increasing referral
- Run email marketing campaigns end-to-end, including building them in HTML
- Preparing variations for A/B testing, and continually optimizing ongoing communications
- Setting up and monitoring email automations; troubleshooting when necessary
- Work with our team to develop and refine a consistent voice across our customer facing communication
- Ideate and own email/CRM/text content strategy and development (e.g seasonal crm emails, learning center topics)
- Develop and implement strategies to improve member segmentation and associated communication
- Work with data and engineering teams to ensure accurate CRM data
- Collaborate across product, growth, marketing, design, operations, and medical teams to create the most compelling experience for members
Who you are
- 3+ years in a similar role (CRM, Email, Retention)
- Experience selecting, implementing, and utilizing email/CRM/SMS software
- Experience analyzing performance via excel and other data visualization tools
- Experience developing email, SMS, and in-app journeys
- HTML and CSS email coding proficiency; able to write basic conditional statements using Handlebars syntax, and use JSON test data to verify the accuracy of dynamic fields
- Comfortable with cross-client email coding best practices, including mobile email optimization and responsive email builds
- Experience writing copy specifically for emails
- Able to flex between doing “no task is too small” approach and thinking “bigger picture - where can we go” that will scale with the brand
- Excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar with laser-focused attention to detail
- A team player who communicates candidly and proactively with team members
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Equity ownership
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- 401K (plus 4% company match)
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Generous paid-time off, parental leave, and company wide holidays
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized Class Pass membership
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative group of people who live our core values and have your back.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.