Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2023 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
Small Door is searching for a Environmental Designer to join our growth team. We’re looking for someone with 4+ years professional experience in the physical landscape. The ideal candidate will be able to design across multiple touchpoints to seamlessly bring the Small Door brand to life.
In this position, you’ll work closely with the Head of Design to ideate, manage and execute the graphic needs for our future and existing practice locations … from signage plans, branded displays to window campaigns. You’ll work directly with vendors to sample materials, ensure brand standards are kept, execute with precise detail, and oversee the process from start to finish.
What you’ll do
- Ability to take ideas from concept to design to final execution
- Collaborate daily with the Head of Design and Jr. Designer on new project initiatives and how to best express the brand for each project
- Create and manage scaled working elevation renderings for each of our practices (exteriors + interiors) to design artwork in and around
- Design and execute thoughtful on-brand signage plans for our practice locations
- Manage + review technical drawings and communication with outside vendors to ensure materials and finishes are kept to a high standard and timelines are met
- Able to budget appropriately for each project and engage with vendors to find cost-effective solutions that maintains the brand’s high quality visual aesthetic
- Collaborate on big ideas and marketing campaigns to bring each idea to life in both the physical and digital spaces
- Develop practice specific design processes and standards, working with the Design and Development teams
- Oversee installations / practice set-ups and manage timelines / coordinations with vendors to ensure installs are smooth, on budget and on time
Who you are
- 4+ years design experience bringing a brand / brands to life in physical spaces
- Proven experience designing, managing, overseeing and installing environmental displays
- Proficient in Adobe design applications (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and 3D software (SketchUp or AutoCAD a plus)
- A passion for creating both physical and digital designs
- Strong attention to detail, organization and commitment to ensuring brand standards are kept and met … especially when working with outside vendors
- A team player and problem solver. No task is too big or too small
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at any given time with little oversight
- A resource library of vendors you can recommend working with and can reach out to for project specific requests on an as-need basis
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Equity ownership
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- 401K (plus 4% company match)
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Generous paid-time off, parental leave, and company wide holidays
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized Class Pass membership
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.