Veterinarian (short-term contract)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2022 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
We are looking for a Veterinarian who delivers superior client experience and best-in-class medicine using Small Door's framework and medical protocols. A strong fit for this role is able to perform general practice surgeries and dentistry procedures.
Although this a temporary position (asking for a 3-month immediate commitment), you will receive the benefits of our full-time employees including health benefits.
Who you are
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent with an active license in New York, and 1+ years of experience in the field;
- Professional approach, excellent interpersonal skills, strong communicator, and a positive, can-do attitude;
- Committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the code of ethics;
- Thrives in team-oriented environment;
- Has a ‘glass half full’ attitude and a sense of humor!
What you'll get
- Competitive salary + team bonus, $130,000-$185,000 annually;
- Opportunity for equity ownership;
- Health, dental + vision insurance;
- 401K (plus 4% company match);
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities;
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized gym membership;
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones;
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you;
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.
Small Door requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.
See more open positions at Small Door
Something looks off?